GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grix Thraves vs. Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 20:50
Regular
Today I played a Gamecube. It was fun. Then I went home.

First thing that really hits you is the size of the controller. It's tiny. Really. Think of the PS2 controller. Now make it smaller. No, smaller again.

The thing is though your hand fits... well, my hand fits it superbly. The clicking L and R buttons, great yeah... the d pad is again tiny, and the bloody Z button is horrible. Should have been put more towards the middle. Or on the back.

Anywho, I played Wave Race, and that's all. Looks lovely, nice visuals... really realistic...

And that's about it. You can tell it's a first generation game, because it's all mouth and no trousers. Looks the stuff, but it's for realism freaks only. No real gameplay to it.

Saying that though, I only played single player, so that's just half the story. And everything being in Japanese may have had an effect too. Full colour, for those who said about it being in black and white on some tvs.

Not disappointed about anything with the actual console. Loads fit and fast, and the controller is great.

Waverace however, sucks. Sorry, but it does. Strafex can symphasise here when I say about it being too realistic and not tense enough... mind you, I've never liked racing games, pointless to me.

And that's about it. You've probably learnt nothing.
Sun 28/10/01 at 21:10
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
but if Ninty waited for a while you'd be saying Nintendo was turning its' back on fans making em wait when the machine was ready... Us Ninties can't win can we...
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Shocktrooper wrote:
> See Turbonutter? He
> DOESN'T like racing games, you pleb! :D
Does that mean he won't like Luigi's
> Mansion or Super Monkey Ball? NO! Does that give you an excuse to start having a
> go, as Grix said, at us Ninties? NO!

But it does prove that not all Nintendo games are for everyone and releasing with a meagre 3 games can actually deter a lot of potential buyers, because nothing appeals to them
Sun 28/10/01 at 19:31
Regular
Nearly the same reason. You put the pen on their desk and turn away, and they pocket it and say they didn't get a pen.

Repeat ad infinitum.
Sun 28/10/01 at 19:26
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yep. We can't tell if Sony fans are stupid for the same reasons.
Sat 27/10/01 at 21:02
Regular
Well we don't know. We would if they could hold pens, and then they could take IQ tests.
Sat 27/10/01 at 21:00
I only have Nintendo machines and they ain't stupid!
Sat 27/10/01 at 20:50
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
There's nothing wrong with NOM!

I grew up on it!

What do you mean exactly....? Point proven? What do you mean by that?

Game

:D :D :D :D
Sat 27/10/01 at 20:35
Regular
Resvilfan wrote:
> I almost bought a gamecube magazine the other day, you know see what's heading
> it's way and that, Pokemon CD detoured my attenion though ;-)

Lucky escape.

That Mag you nearly picked up and bought was the infamous NOM, the home of babyish name calling - Fony Greystation Poo and Dreampants.

It's also where the "stupid ninty" originates from.

If you want a Gamecube magazine then buy NGC (used to be known as N64). It's made by the same offices that write the official PS2 magazine and is a much more mature, detailed, a decent magazine.

Having said that, like all magazines, it covers new that internet sites covered a month ago so all it has on Resident Evil is a double page on the announcement made by Capcom about the series being GC exclusive.

It's the best you'll find in a magazine though.
Fri 26/10/01 at 22:19
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
well i was never planning on buying WR anyway. Want Rogue Squadron, SSBM and possible sonic.

ah well.
Thu 25/10/01 at 23:59
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Hey watch it!

Don't cough on me... :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.