GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Twighlight Princess - Cube vs Wii"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess'.
Fri 13/04/07 at 16:02
Regular
Out of interest, how different are the two versions?

They didn't stick to the idea of making a single game compatible on both formats then?
Wed 28/03/12 at 20:24
Regular
might i add i love the wii version just the way it is.
Wed 09/09/09 at 01:33
Regular
I am Playing Zelda: Twilight Princess and I am about 67 hours into it without using any cheats... however forgetting to shut it off a few times. I am wondering that now I am looking for 2 more mirror shards it says that one is in the ancient wood and the other in the shy. I understand the sky part but I thought that i was in the ancient wood and I am realizing that maybe I am not. Is the ancient wood the one where to take a golden cucoo to get there??? and if it is what do I do once there. I am have been in the woods forever and it is starting to tick me off. Any help???
Wed 25/04/07 at 12:37
Regular
Ahhh yes your right. It is for those annoying purple mist bits.
Tue 24/04/07 at 16:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The little white ones deal with poison, don't they?
Tue 24/04/07 at 15:33
Regular
Thats funny I did exactly the same thing. The Pikmin games are definitely well worth getting though to be fair it does get quite repetative as the second game is not far different from the first. Just new super strong purple pikmin and the little white ones but I forget what they do.
Sat 21/04/07 at 00:23
Regular
Ah, okay.

I was thinking about leaving it until I finish all the other stuff lined up for the cube, then deciding which to buy.
But by that time the cube one will probably be even tougher to get hold of.

But I don't think I want a wii, so I might try to pick it up now.

That and the two pikmins (I traded in the first one last time. I think I bought something crap). Then my cube will be ready to slide into dusty retirement.
Mon 16/04/07 at 09:24
Regular
dont kid yourself. The levels are the same etc just reversed but the graphics are far better on the Wii as the Wii takes advantage of the ability to produce dynamic lighting. The colour pallet is greater leading to less obvious lines on the characters. Even the long grass in the Wii version seems to sway and move as if reacting to the wing where as it doesn't on the cube. OK these are not overwhelming differences but I would say that the culmination of these things leads to a better game experiance not to mention the controles which obviously mean it feels more like fishing and rowing etc. I would wait if you are deff going to get a Wii when they become available again but if you are unsure then get the cube version as it is still the same game in essance and it is a good game.
Sun 15/04/07 at 23:03
Regular
Awesome, so graphically it's all the same?
Fri 13/04/07 at 20:13
Regular
I know, it wasn't the best idea to flip the whole game. The locations are in all the wrong places now.
Fri 13/04/07 at 19:05
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
And the Wii version is a 'mirror mode' of the GC version... Just so Link could hold his sword in the correct hand (compared to the player who would, in general, hold the Wiimote in their right). They could've just flipped the Link model, but no, they flipped the entire game! :-S

But yeah, I haven't played either, and I don't really know whether to try and get the Cube version or wait (possibly a very long time) until I get a Wii.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.