GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Here's a question for you?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 20:13
Regular
How many of you are going to be outside the shop before opening time to pick up your gamecube?

I'm gona go down to EB on the release day, cus everyone will be outside freezin and it'll be well funny ;-)
res
Fri 26/10/01 at 15:12
Regular
I'm not gonna wait outside a shop in the freezing cold!
Fri 26/10/01 at 15:04
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
my dad knows the guy from the game shop in town , so i'll just get him to keep one back for me ... discount for me ... yay ! ;-)
Thu 25/10/01 at 23:38
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah, but why did the PS2 sell out? Sony knew that with the amount of PS2s it had for launch there wouldn't be enough, but they didn't care it just helped to raise hype and make people frantic to try and get one so they were willing to pay ridiculous prices.
Thu 25/10/01 at 22:13
Does anybody honestly believe that the GC will sell out in the same way as the PS2????

Come on... it's just gonna be another low key launch... like the Japanese launch...

In fact, Ninty openly admitted this, saying that they were gonna try their hardest to push sales by unconventional retailers... eg, online...

But trust me- it won't sell out!!! I'll probably walk into a shop and buy one on release day! In fact, i have a job interview at dixons tomoro... staff discounts :)
Thu 25/10/01 at 22:06
Regular
"One More Chance"
I was the first to pre-order a GC in the Sawbridgeworth SR shop. Does that gaurantee me one on release day?
Thu 25/10/01 at 21:51
Regular
"You've upset me"
Hadodoooo
Thu 25/10/01 at 21:34
Regular
I've placed a 20 pound deposite with SR.

They will kindly send Monkey Ball, a Gamecube, 4 pads and a memory card thing to my door on release day.

That's such a long way away that I don't really want to think about it.
Thu 25/10/01 at 21:28
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I think I'll probably end up ordering one from SR!

I just hope they get my order RIGHT this time!

Story goes:-

*** phone-up SR to join and make my FIRST order ***

Me "Hi, I want to order an N64 please!"

SR "ummkay! Anything else with that?"

Me "Yer, I'd like to order Mario Kart 64 please and an extra green controller."

SR "I'm sorry we're outta green controllers i'm afraid. We have blue, and grey ones in. Would you like one of those?"

Me "Ok, I'll have a blue one please."

SR "Is that all?"

Me "Yup!"

SR "So an N64, Mario Kart, and an extra Blue controller?"

Me "Yes, that's it."

*** credit card details n stuff ***

SR "Ok, it'll arive in a few days time."

Me "Tar very much!"

*** hang up ***

*** few days later ***

Parcle force turn up with a sack of goodies! *YEY*

Looks inside and what do I get?

An N64, Super Mario 64, and a Yellow controller!

Oh well! I couldn't be bothered to complain as it was my birthday and Mario was a GREAT game! But I wanted Mario Kart so that I could play it multiplayer with my brothers, and also the extra controller seemed a bit usless now. Well I just went out and bought Mario Kart a few days later from some shop.

SR, PLEASE don't get my order wrong when I order my Gamecube!!!

:)
Thu 25/10/01 at 19:35
Regular
"DS..."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I won't be waiting outside before opening time, I will take the day off work and
> just wander down first thing in the morning pick up a lovely black Gamecube and
> at least 2 games and spit at and jeer all the silly fools who forgot to reserve
> themselves one.

BUT! is the gamecube actually going to be available in black on release date over here in the UK? I hope so!
slik ~_~
Thu 25/10/01 at 16:06
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I'm gonna pre-order mine from SR tonight.

Just to show there greatness. It'll be my very first order to SR, ya know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.