GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Name change"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/07/00 at 14:01
Regular
Why oh why oh why did Nintendo chang the name of their new super console from the smartly named Dolphin to the pathetic STARCUBE,believe me this is no joke if you dont believe me go to www.computerandvideogames.com for the full scoop.It is going to make its debut at space world show in Augest(i think)This is a bad move by Nintendo but I think they did it to prove to the public that it is not goimg to be a console for younger gamers like the N64 but I thougjt Dolphin was a grovy name for a console.Bad move Nintendo why oh why blommin STARCUBE.
Tue 18/07/00 at 17:18
Lucas wrote:
> Why oh why oh why did Nintendo chang the name of their new super
> console from the smartly named Dolphin to the pathetic
> STARCUBE,believe me this is no joke if you dont believe me go to
> www.computerandvideogames.com for the full scoop.It is going to
> make its debut at space world show in Augest(i think)This is a bad
> move by Nintendo but I think they did it to prove to the public
> that it is not goimg to be a console for younger gamers like the
> N64 but I thougjt Dolphin was a grovy name for a console.Bad move
> Nintendo why oh why blommin STARCUBE.

The reason (I think) that Nintendo changed the name from dolphin is because what would be their logo? A dolphin? you must remember that a dolphin (echo) is a trademark for sega.
Sat 15/07/00 at 12:10
Starcube is just a rumour. It's not the official name yet!
Sat 15/07/00 at 11:27
i h8 the name star cube. it totally sucks and suggests nothing to the public.Dolphin is the best name i reckon for a console as it represents intelligents and style.And the name dolphin has kind of grown on me, i seriously doubt star cube will ever.I will most probaly call it dolphin even though its gonna be called star cube.There are many polls now online about this and only about 10 % want the name star cube the rest h8 it.

You can find out more on the lastest news dolphin at ukdolphin(chek bar on left) here at this site.

Please! oh please! dont use that name star cube nintendo! please no!
Fri 14/07/00 at 14:01
Why oh why oh why did Nintendo chang the name of their new super console from the smartly named Dolphin to the pathetic STARCUBE,believe me this is no joke if you dont believe me go to www.computerandvideogames.com for the full scoop.It is going to make its debut at space world show in Augest(i think)This is a bad move by Nintendo but I think they did it to prove to the public that it is not goimg to be a console for younger gamers like the N64 but I thougjt Dolphin was a grovy name for a console.Bad move Nintendo why oh why blommin STARCUBE.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.