GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phone Line"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/05/10 at 08:56
Regular
Ok so my phone line is with BT at the moment and I think that to be with Freeola I need to stay with BT is that correct? so does that mean that I cant move my telephone provider to say SKY for example, or my electric company (prefered choice) as they are offering cheap calls

Digi
Wed 16/06/10 at 12:14
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Glad to hear it all went well for you Digi. Obviously if you do run into any problems, let us know.
Wed 16/06/10 at 12:06
Regular
well today was the day :-) now have a new telephone provider and YEAH my internet is still working Yipeeeeeeeeee

Digi
Wed 19/05/10 at 09:00
Regular
Hmmm well both say that it will be straight forward, and both say that the every thing should be fine I will keep my fingers crossed and will be in touch once I get a letter with the date for hand over from BT to my Electric supplier.

Digi
Tue 18/05/10 at 13:12
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
We will never cease an ADSL connection without prior notification from yourself (or from us if you are naughty and don't pay us).

Unfortunately, regardless of any notification we, or our Wholesaler, may receive, we cannot prevent the account being ceased if BT choose to cease the line as part of this migration to your new provider. If a cease such as this was placed, all connected services would automatically be removed from the line, including DSL regardless who provides it. Only your new provider/BT would be able to confirm a cease such as this will not take place.
Tue 18/05/10 at 11:49
Regular
Hi Butch
thanks for the reply Ok here is the deal I have spoken to my Electric supplier and the move is on they use the BT platform and assure me that every thing will go through with out a hitch! (heard that before) any how they say that you the ISP wil get a letter about cesation of service from BT but now that I have told you, you the ISP should be aware that its only the phone service thats changing and that my broadband is not to be switched off! my number will remain the same - so please dont cut me off :-)

Our exchange does not have LLU and I doubt it ever will have its so small.
Should I phone Freeola to confirm this?

Digi
Tue 18/05/10 at 09:20
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
You don't need to stay with BT for your calls, per say, however you will need to be on the BT network. If your new line provider runs an LLU system (as I believe Sky do) we will not be able to offer you a connection and your Freeola DSL service will automatically cease when this switch occurs (or on your requested cease date if before).

Your electric company are likely to be slightly different in that I would expect them to use all BT equipment, including that at the exchange. Switching to them shouldn't affect your ADSL with us, however in the past we have seen some customers, when changing telephone providers, lose their DSL due to BT briefly ceasing their line whilst the switch occurs. Whilst this doesn't happen every time, it happens often enough for you to probably be aware of it when making this decision.

The best people to ask whether or not your new provider will be LLU or not will be the new provider themselves. They also may be able to help prevent any 'cease and re-provide' BT may carry out during the switch.
Tue 18/05/10 at 08:56
Regular
Ok so my phone line is with BT at the moment and I think that to be with Freeola I need to stay with BT is that correct? so does that mean that I cant move my telephone provider to say SKY for example, or my electric company (prefered choice) as they are offering cheap calls

Digi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.