GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo can be the Dominant force Again"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/07/00 at 17:15
Regular
The main problem with the N64 is that it is not profitable for developers to make games for. Instead, they turn to the Gameboy Color instead. You only have to look at the Gameboy chart (by ELSPA), and you can see GB conversions of best-selling games on rival systems. Driver, Tomb Raider, and Metal Gear Solid are but a few of them. So this just goes to show that developers would be willing to make games for Nintendo, but only if the system is good. If Nintendo attempt and (hopefully) succeed at making the Dolphin anywhere near as profitable and easy to develop for as the Gameboy, then I really believe that Nintendo can regain its dominance in the gaming market.
Sun 16/07/00 at 22:58
I think a 95% share of the gaming market in Japan (the centre of gaming) shows the dominance Nintendo once had, have now lost (and will hopefully regain)
Sun 16/07/00 at 22:24
I agree, especially now that Nintendo seem keen on making their new machine as appealing to the the third parties as possible. With DVD, easy to program, and whats sure to be the best first and second party games lets hope Nintendo have success with the Dolphin. You can put me down already for the new machine simply because it has the Nintendo logo.
Sun 16/07/00 at 17:55
When were Nintendo ever really dominant in the first place?
In the old days of 8 and 16 bit consoles the American market was only a little way tilted further towards Nintendo than Sega, and in the UK Sega was always more popular.
Sun 16/07/00 at 17:15
The main problem with the N64 is that it is not profitable for developers to make games for. Instead, they turn to the Gameboy Color instead. You only have to look at the Gameboy chart (by ELSPA), and you can see GB conversions of best-selling games on rival systems. Driver, Tomb Raider, and Metal Gear Solid are but a few of them. So this just goes to show that developers would be willing to make games for Nintendo, but only if the system is good. If Nintendo attempt and (hopefully) succeed at making the Dolphin anywhere near as profitable and easy to develop for as the Gameboy, then I really believe that Nintendo can regain its dominance in the gaming market.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.