GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SCREENBEAT SOUNDSTATION 2 FOR PLAYSTATION 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/10/01 at 10:51
Regular
This package that SR does, basically, is it any good?

How can it do surround sound, when there's only 2 speakers and a sub? Or does it use the speakers in your telly as the front two?

Anyone here got it?

Is it worth me spending £50 on it?

Any info is much appriciated.
Tue 23/10/01 at 14:15
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
With audio, you get what you pay for. If I had £50 to spend on audio, Id buy another game, and wait till I could afford something of a higher spec. Look in the Argos catalogue and see what you can get for £50.....
Tue 23/10/01 at 14:13
Regular
Cheers SSXPRO.

I can't get one yet at the moment as I'm SO poor, but I was thinking of getting one for when I'm back to uni next year.
Tue 23/10/01 at 14:10
Regular
Don`t know about the HMV cable - don`t have one of them. I have the cable supplied with the Sound Station 2, which allows audio to go through the sound station 2, and also on towards the TV. At home though, all the sound goes straight to my hi-fi.

I haven`t yet figured out how to get the sound through the TV as well yet. However, as you say, there may be a cable that can do it - perhaps a splitter or something, but I haven`t seen one.

Your Honour - It doesn`t do surround sound (or if it does, its very poor). Its perfect as a cheaper more portable alternative for going to university and stuff - it certainly has better sound that normal portable speakers or TV speakers, but it isn`t up to the standards of surround sound, or a decent hi-fi.
Tue 23/10/01 at 13:02
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
This one is mainly for ssxpro but someone else may be able to help

You said that you plug the sound output from the PS2 direct into the speakers and not into the TV but that HMV has a RGB cable with a audio out.

Does this mean that you can plug into the TV and then take a seperate feed from the HMV cable to the speakers even though the TV has no seperate audio out?

By the way how much does this cable cost? I was going to get the SR cable but it claims to have no green DVD playback problems like other cables. I thought this was only achievable by using the regionX disk or by soldering inside the PS2 ( Nasty - dont try this at home kids )
Tue 23/10/01 at 11:07
Regular
But does it do surround sound?
Tue 23/10/01 at 11:06
Regular
I agree. Its worth it for the cost - especially for me, as its perfect for taking to uni. Not too big, but not too quiet!
Tue 23/10/01 at 10:59
Regular
"Touched!"
Your Honour wrote:
> This package that SR does, basically, is it any good?

How can it do surround
> sound, when there's only 2 speakers and a sub? Or does it use the speakers in
> your telly as the front two?

Anyone here got it?

Is it worth me spending
> £50 on it?

I've had it a while now, and it think its £50 well spent, its great, good sound, i don't think it can do surround sound though, but for £50 it really is worth it, the sub is good as well :-)
Tue 23/10/01 at 10:51
Regular
This package that SR does, basically, is it any good?

How can it do surround sound, when there's only 2 speakers and a sub? Or does it use the speakers in your telly as the front two?

Anyone here got it?

Is it worth me spending £50 on it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.