GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube wins Console war."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 23:48
Regular
Nope this isn't a pathetic way to grab your attention it is about time we all opened our eyes and realised there are only one games console left to come out and that is the Gamecube. Sounds like Dringo's sprouting crap to me murmurs Turbonutter in the background, what has he become? A Newbie asks Sniper?

Let me explain myself. There will be 3 major home consoles being played around the world by the end of next year. The Playstation 2, Gamecube and X-box. Any game boffin will tell you it'll be the PS2 and X-box grabbing the sales with Nintendo moping up what's left. Major PC magazines agree with this statement, when referring to consoles they placed PC first, PS2 second and X-box third and throughout the article the Gamecube was not mentioned once! Is this because the Gamecube is not significant enough to worth mentioning ("yes" yells Bonus from the back)?

All of the above is wrong how will the Gamecube mop up what's left when it is the only one of its type in the market? Confused? Good youíre supposed to be and now Iíll shed light on what I'm trying to say. What is a PC? A piece of Media format right? Ok then what type of Media system? You have the Internet, you can play movies, listen to music, write in fact the PC is more than just a Media system it is a Multi-Media Format.

What is a Media Format? Well a DVD player is a Media system as a DVD is a media format a CD player is a Media system as it plays CD's which is a Media format. Now lets take the PS2 now for starters it plays games, it also plays music and video as well as allowing people to surf the net, in fact much like a PC, which is why PC magazines can compare the two and the PS2 is therefore a Media system. The X-box is basically the same a media system with the emphasis on gaming. The Gamecube is also in this "Multi-Media" market with the help of good friends Panasonic with their DVD/CD playing Gamecube.

But the Gamecube isn't just a multi-media system the main Gamecube system is a games console, a single media system the last surviving games console. Lets step back and look at the position Nintendo hold not only are they in control of the game market they have also invaded the multi-media market thanks to Panasonic. Now I know that many gamers will settle with a multi-media system and leave the gaming market but just remember many just want to play games.

Dringo
Wed 24/10/01 at 18:01
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Oi! That could just be the way HE spells it...

...or have I totally missed the point?

:D

SHOCKY
Wed 24/10/01 at 17:53
Dringo wrote:
> when you do get it add me:

[email protected]

(thats is right
> don't ask)

I promise not to ask, but is it ok if I point? and laugh?
Wed 24/10/01 at 17:50
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Shocktrooper wrote:
> GameCube was obviously the better console, and so
> Capcom chose it for
> that simple reason!

I'm sure that the giant wad
> of cash had something to do with it.

Uh huh...

I think paying Capcom would be a little bit too much money just to hand out, me thinks. Come on, admit it Turbs, the pictures/videos of Biohazard on GC look stunning.

Heh, and the fact that Resident Evil games are really good when it comes to the gameplay side of gaming, and the fact that the GC controller is a joy to behold, means that Resident Evil will be a dream to play...or rather a nightmare, in certain circumstances :D

SHOCKY
Wed 24/10/01 at 16:36
Regular
when you do get it add me:

[email protected]

(thats is right don't ask)
Wed 24/10/01 at 12:01
Regular
"Back For Good"
Dringo wrote:
> PS1 owners rather. Resi do you have msn?

my friend keeps buggin me to get that, I'll download it ;-)
Wed 24/10/01 at 00:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Shocktrooper wrote:
> GameCube was obviously the better console, and so Capcom chose it for
> that simple reason!

I'm sure that the giant wad of cash had something to do with it.
Wed 24/10/01 at 00:46
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Dringo wrote:
> Erm shocky he is getting a GC you know.

I see....

I knew that!

*Smiles wearily*
Wed 24/10/01 at 00:41
Regular
Erm shocky he is getting a GC you know.
Wed 24/10/01 at 00:36
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
You'll never see your beloved Resident Evil series again, Resi Evilfan! Ha!

GameCube was obviously the better console, and so Capcom chose it for that simple reason!

Have you had a look at the videos and screenshots for Biohazard on the GC? If you want realistic graphics then look no further.

Blimey, it's a Resi Evilfan's paradise! :D

SHOCKY
Wed 24/10/01 at 00:33
Regular
PS1 owners rather. Resi do you have msn?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.