GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm whats all this about 'starcube'??"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/07/00 at 23:38
Regular
OK everyone knows that dolphin was only a code name but what is this 'starcube' shít all about? Has the big N finnal lost its marbbles (not that I dont like Nintendo its a great company but I know for sure that they can think of better names than 'starcube'. hardly anyone likes the name it sounds like it will look like a big square box (YUK). Are they taking the same path as the others and using shít names fors great machines, Playstation2 for example carnt they come up with anything better and Dreamcast(probably sounds the best out of them all but is worse than any other of the names they came up with for the machine).

Mcrosoft's new X-box has specs that will beat anyother machine hands down, but theey will soon learn that the power to move millions of polygons means nothing compared to gameplay (Thre is loads of clasic games on old machines like the atari and amega). Nintendo is well known for creating great games let hope they carry on making them for dolphin/starcube.
Tue 25/07/00 at 06:34
I thought that "Star Cube" was something that connected to the "Dolphin" and the GBA(Game Boy Advance).
Sat 22/07/00 at 16:04
Personaly at first i thought the Dreamcast's name sounded bad but after a while it became a household name and i think nothing of it anymore.
However StarCube (or Tube, whatever) does sound realy bad it doesn't help to remove Nintendo's reputation as a childs console at all.
The name Dolphin was a good one and i hope i doesn't get changed
Wed 19/07/00 at 23:33
the more I think about it, the more credibility the starTube rumour seems to make sense. It certainly fits the 'the name says what it looks like and what it does' statment (see something I put up about it somewhere else not a long time ago - that's a challenge - it may have been in the general future of gaming forum, and it was a reply to something)
Wed 19/07/00 at 13:25
Who gives a toss whats the new machine is called aslong as we get that old nintendo magic when it comes to their new games for this uberconsole. Lets wait and see. Besides its only a rumour.
Tue 18/07/00 at 23:38
OK everyone knows that dolphin was only a code name but what is this 'starcube' shít all about? Has the big N finnal lost its marbbles (not that I dont like Nintendo its a great company but I know for sure that they can think of better names than 'starcube'. hardly anyone likes the name it sounds like it will look like a big square box (YUK). Are they taking the same path as the others and using shít names fors great machines, Playstation2 for example carnt they come up with anything better and Dreamcast(probably sounds the best out of them all but is worse than any other of the names they came up with for the machine).

Mcrosoft's new X-box has specs that will beat anyother machine hands down, but theey will soon learn that the power to move millions of polygons means nothing compared to gameplay (Thre is loads of clasic games on old machines like the atari and amega). Nintendo is well known for creating great games let hope they carry on making them for dolphin/starcube.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.