GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSX vs NINTENDO the final story"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/07/00 at 09:48
Regular
Alright all you Sony fans who diss Nintendo, YOU SUK!!
You think Sony is better then the 64, your wrong!
I'm right into all this and so i kno the facts firstly, Nintendo and Sony were secretly designing a machine, due to their differences the went different ways and Sony used NINTENDO'S design to make the PlayStation, how's that for originality, whilst Nintendo made another original design which was later created as the 64. Nintendo launched and sold more copies of their console than what Sony did. Mario 64 clearly was highly original and sold more then any Sony game could. Nintendo was launched with rumble paks and analogue sticks, so what do the so called original Sony do... release Dual shock controllers. Nintendo release other great titles like Zelda, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark. Sony tried to copy but failed miserably, titles like Spyro to answer to Mario, and Syphon Filter to Goldeneye. Goldeneye has sold more copies than any other Sony shooter. Sony fans are either to stupid or stubborn to admit so. Sony have the upperhand in the mass market, but its all casual gamers.
Casual Gamer Definition: Gamer who is not seriously invovled with gaming so average games appeal to them, whilst great games with great gameplay that are for Hard Core Gamers are on the Nintendo. Oh, by the way which machine is more powerful 64 or PSX? 64!! Sony boys don't give me that crap about PSX's an play FMV movies, Nintendo games can! We don't use it as often as Nintendo put more effort into the actual gameplay and not stupid Movies. The cons go on and on about Sony, and if Sony has any real good thing that Nintendo hasn't please tell me!
Onto the future of consoles, PS2, so powerful, i think not, yet agian two controllers and hardware beaten by Nintendo's not even finsihed (so there's time for even more improvement) console. Looks like Sony are releasing another ORIGINAL practically the same, tragic console.
With more tragic games. Sony fans take notice, with the 'Dolphin' being CD based, its easier to make games for so we can see most of your 3rd party developers going to Nintendo, because Nintendo can make a decent game. Over the last 4 years, (the time the 64 has been around) Nintendo has topped the sales charts, you can even check.

My final conclusion is Sony should hang up their boots or start making something thats worth peoples money, and be original.

P.S. there is so much more to argue about so if you want more about Nintendo/Sony just ask.
Sun 23/07/00 at 20:39
The playstation does offer some things that the N64 doesn't, like decent beat-em-ups. And of course, the mad but fun dance dance revolution. Thank you, Konami.
Sat 22/07/00 at 16:00
I also know this argument is over but i would just like to make a point.
The facts said about the casual gamers are true they mainly own PSX.
I'm not getting at them but perhaps when one casual gamer who is not clued in on the games market buys a PSX his friends see it and then they buy one and so it goes on.
Another thing is that the PSX has a lot of sports games which generaly apeal to casual gamers where as the 64 has a lot of adventure games which all the "hard" people think are stupid.
Another thing is that many people think that its not "cool" to own an N64 because some think they are for children of course this is not true.
I'm no longer going to s**g of the PSX because it is a games console and we are gamers it seems stupid to hate something that is what we like just because it is competition for our favourite.
I stand by my decision of buying an N64 and would not dream of buying a PSX but will no longer diss it just cos' its not as good as the 64
Sat 22/07/00 at 11:51
Anyone who is a fan of the Fony Greystation remember this: Nintendo made the Greystation as a disk drive for the SNES!!!!!
Sat 22/07/00 at 03:59
Hey Soup Dragon lay back man,

The entire topic was a joke, i own a 64 and my friend owns a Sony, I play both ad both have their own pros and cons, but overall I do believe the 64 is superior. It was a simple joke just to annoy a few friends of mine and thats it. If you wouldn't take everything on this page so seriously, then it would be alot easier. I know the arguement was over, it died years ago, bring on the generation of super consoles! I put it on to humour some friends of mine and possibly people on this site.

P.S. all this 'Star Cube' name is a load of bull. The media didn't get proper facts. Visit WWW.hyperactive.com.au, go to the N64 section from there for more details.
Fri 21/07/00 at 12:39
Dlofin, you're as bad as the endless hordes of playstation owning, nintendo dissing sheep you and all your kind can't seem to help but lay into.

Lets look at your argument. Some lame reason why the playstation is worse than the n64. Doesn't hold a whole lot of weight, and it seems you haven't realised that if nintendo designed it, everything you say about the machines shortcomings reflect badly on nintendo just as much as sony.

The games; basically you claim that all the playstation's games are ripping off nintendo ideas. Nintendo do a shoot em up, platformer, whatever, and what? If it's reasonably successful can nobody else ever make a game of similar genre? Then where would you be? There would be about 5 games in the whole world. And do you think these nintendo titles you listed were completely original? Of course not, everyone has been doing the same thing for years and years.

Then the casual gamers get it, huh? What is wrong with casual gamers then? People who want a console not as a way of life, but a form of light entertainment. What is wrong with that?

Then the PS2 - I don't think you're in much of a position to judge it. Yes the previews have been bad, but the thing doesn't even get released in this country for months, and I think it's up to the people who consider buying it to decide whether or not it's worth their money.

I own an N64.
Fri 21/07/00 at 09:48
Alright all you Sony fans who diss Nintendo, YOU SUK!!
You think Sony is better then the 64, your wrong!
I'm right into all this and so i kno the facts firstly, Nintendo and Sony were secretly designing a machine, due to their differences the went different ways and Sony used NINTENDO'S design to make the PlayStation, how's that for originality, whilst Nintendo made another original design which was later created as the 64. Nintendo launched and sold more copies of their console than what Sony did. Mario 64 clearly was highly original and sold more then any Sony game could. Nintendo was launched with rumble paks and analogue sticks, so what do the so called original Sony do... release Dual shock controllers. Nintendo release other great titles like Zelda, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark. Sony tried to copy but failed miserably, titles like Spyro to answer to Mario, and Syphon Filter to Goldeneye. Goldeneye has sold more copies than any other Sony shooter. Sony fans are either to stupid or stubborn to admit so. Sony have the upperhand in the mass market, but its all casual gamers.
Casual Gamer Definition: Gamer who is not seriously invovled with gaming so average games appeal to them, whilst great games with great gameplay that are for Hard Core Gamers are on the Nintendo. Oh, by the way which machine is more powerful 64 or PSX? 64!! Sony boys don't give me that crap about PSX's an play FMV movies, Nintendo games can! We don't use it as often as Nintendo put more effort into the actual gameplay and not stupid Movies. The cons go on and on about Sony, and if Sony has any real good thing that Nintendo hasn't please tell me!
Onto the future of consoles, PS2, so powerful, i think not, yet agian two controllers and hardware beaten by Nintendo's not even finsihed (so there's time for even more improvement) console. Looks like Sony are releasing another ORIGINAL practically the same, tragic console.
With more tragic games. Sony fans take notice, with the 'Dolphin' being CD based, its easier to make games for so we can see most of your 3rd party developers going to Nintendo, because Nintendo can make a decent game. Over the last 4 years, (the time the 64 has been around) Nintendo has topped the sales charts, you can even check.

My final conclusion is Sony should hang up their boots or start making something thats worth peoples money, and be original.

P.S. there is so much more to argue about so if you want more about Nintendo/Sony just ask.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.