GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tooth Please?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 19:34
Regular
Today I woke up dreading what lay ahead of me this evening and what everybody hates, yes the flaming dentists. They're doing their job and all, but can't they make it less painful?!

The reason I had to go to the dentist today was to have two teeth taken out. Two now and two next week. I previously asked them why don't they just take all four teeth out now instead of later. They replied that it would be too dangerous and painful for me, but I didn't believe so. I thought that it would be a breeze because I've had teeth removed in the past, ooh how wrong was I?
I left for my appointment feeling nice and cool and I left my appointment feeling dead and like a fool. The events that took place in the dental department were both shocking and horrifying!

I arrived, got out the car and attended to my appointment. After waiting a measly five minutes (I was late) the secretary told me I could now go through to see the dentist. I already knew what was to happen to my poor, poor mouth, but what I didn't know was the pain I was about to receive.
I entered and I saw that look on the dentist's face that instantly shouted at me "you're in trouble". I sat down in the chair of pain and was explained to about the teatment I was to receive. The chair started moving to please the dentist, thoughts in my head were running mental. This was to be the last time in about five hours to be able to talk properly.
Light shone brightly from the lamp, directly at my face and the treatment begun. Firstly, the dentist rubbed some freezing cream at the point of impact on my gum. I felt no pain. Some of this cream dropped on my tongue, making that numb. After the cream had settled freezing my whole mouth, the dentist could now use what all patients dread most, THE SERINGE! Honestly, this thing was the size of a 30cm ruler and the needle was about a third of this amount long. The intensity was growing too much for me when the needle was inserted just below my bottom "pre-molar", but the funny and joyful thing was I could feel absolutely nothing when the first needled pierced my gum. Then, when I thought it was all over, he pricked my skin again!

Note: while these two injections took place I was looking directly at the ceiling not seeing the seringe until later.

This second piercing of the skin was just like the first, I felt no pain, great!!! Then he explained to me he had to numb the cheek now; this was where the nightmare began. This time I saw the seringe and the needle and right then and there I thought I was about to faint. Any 'hard' person would've felt the same, believe me! This beauty was shining directly at me due to the lamp light and not only that, I felt the pain. The moment the needle pierced my skin I felt it, the sting. It was a sting like no other. In this sting was a certain deepness and effectiveness that I had never experienced in this situation before. After the sting I felt the liquid from the injenction actually being released. I kept my pain to myself not making one sound. As I swallowed deeply in pain I'm sure the dentist knew I was in pain, but he still proceeded further in my skin. Now I started having flashbacks as if this was the end! Then suddenly the needle was removed and I was very relieved.

But all that was still nothing compared to what was ahead. I was told to wait in the waiting room so the numbness could settle in. About five minutes later I was called back through to have my teeth taken out. I sat back down on the chair of pain and this time a bib was placed round my neck, covering my chest. Then, I anxiously looked at the next instrument to be used. I couldn't believe it! It was a tong, what is normally used for science. Well, it is better than plyers, but still thoughts in my head were running wild. The dentist then told me that I may feel a little bit of pressure. He was lying!
The tong was placed round my tooth, which I couldn't feel, and to my surprise the dentist started yanking at my tooth to come out. I was quite chuffed because I could feel nothing. He started yanking side to side then up and down. Suddenly I felt a slight crispy sound, which instantly indicated the tooth came out successfully and painfully. Now it was time for my upper pre-molar to be removed. I thought it would be just as the previous and I was very wrong. He began to yank at this tooth, but this time it hurt. I could feel the tooth fighting back. It felt as if one of my bones was trying to be wrenched out. This was very painful and seemed to go on for ages! I was thinking when the hell's this going to end! The dentist was going side to side, up and down, but the tooth just wouldn't give in. I was in total agony. Then, at last the tooth came out unusually, but I was very happy it was all over.

I rinsed my mouth out, looked in the mirror and laughed strangely. It felt like my cheek was bulging out, but to my surprise I looked normal. Right now, as I am giving this message the pain from my gum is absolutely killing me! Help!

Imagine a dentist game. What would it be like? What console would you prefer it on? Give your thoughts.

Why haven't developers ever released such a game? Is it because it's a stupid idea? Well at least it'll be more enjoyable than the real thing. If only there was a less painful way of having this treatment I wouldn't be in such agony now. Going to the dentist was a living nightmare that's still going on now. I wanna wake up!
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:34
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Today I woke up dreading what lay ahead of me this evening and what everybody hates, yes the flaming dentists. They're doing their job and all, but can't they make it less painful?!

The reason I had to go to the dentist today was to have two teeth taken out. Two now and two next week. I previously asked them why don't they just take all four teeth out now instead of later. They replied that it would be too dangerous and painful for me, but I didn't believe so. I thought that it would be a breeze because I've had teeth removed in the past, ooh how wrong was I?
I left for my appointment feeling nice and cool and I left my appointment feeling dead and like a fool. The events that took place in the dental department were both shocking and horrifying!

I arrived, got out the car and attended to my appointment. After waiting a measly five minutes (I was late) the secretary told me I could now go through to see the dentist. I already knew what was to happen to my poor, poor mouth, but what I didn't know was the pain I was about to receive.
I entered and I saw that look on the dentist's face that instantly shouted at me "you're in trouble". I sat down in the chair of pain and was explained to about the teatment I was to receive. The chair started moving to please the dentist, thoughts in my head were running mental. This was to be the last time in about five hours to be able to talk properly.
Light shone brightly from the lamp, directly at my face and the treatment begun. Firstly, the dentist rubbed some freezing cream at the point of impact on my gum. I felt no pain. Some of this cream dropped on my tongue, making that numb. After the cream had settled freezing my whole mouth, the dentist could now use what all patients dread most, THE SERINGE! Honestly, this thing was the size of a 30cm ruler and the needle was about a third of this amount long. The intensity was growing too much for me when the needle was inserted just below my bottom "pre-molar", but the funny and joyful thing was I could feel absolutely nothing when the first needled pierced my gum. Then, when I thought it was all over, he pricked my skin again!

Note: while these two injections took place I was looking directly at the ceiling not seeing the seringe until later.

This second piercing of the skin was just like the first, I felt no pain, great!!! Then he explained to me he had to numb the cheek now; this was where the nightmare began. This time I saw the seringe and the needle and right then and there I thought I was about to faint. Any 'hard' person would've felt the same, believe me! This beauty was shining directly at me due to the lamp light and not only that, I felt the pain. The moment the needle pierced my skin I felt it, the sting. It was a sting like no other. In this sting was a certain deepness and effectiveness that I had never experienced in this situation before. After the sting I felt the liquid from the injenction actually being released. I kept my pain to myself not making one sound. As I swallowed deeply in pain I'm sure the dentist knew I was in pain, but he still proceeded further in my skin. Now I started having flashbacks as if this was the end! Then suddenly the needle was removed and I was very relieved.

But all that was still nothing compared to what was ahead. I was told to wait in the waiting room so the numbness could settle in. About five minutes later I was called back through to have my teeth taken out. I sat back down on the chair of pain and this time a bib was placed round my neck, covering my chest. Then, I anxiously looked at the next instrument to be used. I couldn't believe it! It was a tong, what is normally used for science. Well, it is better than plyers, but still thoughts in my head were running wild. The dentist then told me that I may feel a little bit of pressure. He was lying!
The tong was placed round my tooth, which I couldn't feel, and to my surprise the dentist started yanking at my tooth to come out. I was quite chuffed because I could feel nothing. He started yanking side to side then up and down. Suddenly I felt a slight crispy sound, which instantly indicated the tooth came out successfully and painfully. Now it was time for my upper pre-molar to be removed. I thought it would be just as the previous and I was very wrong. He began to yank at this tooth, but this time it hurt. I could feel the tooth fighting back. It felt as if one of my bones was trying to be wrenched out. This was very painful and seemed to go on for ages! I was thinking when the hell's this going to end! The dentist was going side to side, up and down, but the tooth just wouldn't give in. I was in total agony. Then, at last the tooth came out unusually, but I was very happy it was all over.

I rinsed my mouth out, looked in the mirror and laughed strangely. It felt like my cheek was bulging out, but to my surprise I looked normal. Right now, as I am giving this message the pain from my gum is absolutely killing me! Help!

Imagine a dentist game. What would it be like? What console would you prefer it on? Give your thoughts.

Why haven't developers ever released such a game? Is it because it's a stupid idea? Well at least it'll be more enjoyable than the real thing. If only there was a less painful way of having this treatment I wouldn't be in such agony now. Going to the dentist was a living nightmare that's still going on now. I wanna wake up!
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:47
"period drama"
i've never seen what's so scary about the dentist.
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:52
Whenever the dentist puts her fingers in my mouth,I bite them.HAH!
That'd learn her.
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:52
Whenever the dentist puts her fingers in my mouth,I bite them.HAH!
That'd learn her.
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:53
"period drama"
that's the only horrible bit.
yuk! rubbery fingers
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:55
Ever had a filling?
I ain't!
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:57
"period drama"
nor me

got perfect teeth.
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:58
How old are you?
Mon 22/10/01 at 20:00
"period drama"

so you can see my mental capacity is about your level
Mon 22/10/01 at 20:01
I thought you'd be 17.
But still,a mental capacity of a 12 year old?I think not!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.