GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't underestimate X-box - more on Dolphin - Rare are the best"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/07/00 at 01:14
Regular
In reply to one of the messages posted in the forum, I must say that we can't underestimate the X-box. With Microsoft behind it - need I say more. Nevertheless they don't have Shiguru and Rare which Nintendo have therefore making them the best. Update on Dolphin. Konami have signed a 50/50 deal with nintendo to produce for the GBA. I know your wondering what the GBA has to do with the Dolphin. Also expected are some Konami game for the next gen console as part of the deal. With konami producing for the Dolphin we may have something better than MGS2 on the new system. Tie this with Rare and their PD sequel, and we already have competition for the best shooter in the world, thats ignoring Mario, Zelda and their pals. The prospect sound mouthwatering. If anybody wants to check a cool site then chech out http://hometown.aol.com/nintendo0/nintendo.html its got some wicked info on the dolphin and even gives you an artists impression. I want to know who thinks the X-box will succeed and take the limelight from Sony (because I think that the X-box will target the casual gamer market) or do you think it will fail. I'm pretty sure that Nintendo are only going up. What with EA signing to produce for them, that can only be good news, as they did "skip" the DC for the PS2 and obviously with the backing of such a big publisher, there must be something special about the new console. Replies welcome.
Thu 27/07/00 at 01:14
In reply to one of the messages posted in the forum, I must say that we can't underestimate the X-box. With Microsoft behind it - need I say more. Nevertheless they don't have Shiguru and Rare which Nintendo have therefore making them the best. Update on Dolphin. Konami have signed a 50/50 deal with nintendo to produce for the GBA. I know your wondering what the GBA has to do with the Dolphin. Also expected are some Konami game for the next gen console as part of the deal. With konami producing for the Dolphin we may have something better than MGS2 on the new system. Tie this with Rare and their PD sequel, and we already have competition for the best shooter in the world, thats ignoring Mario, Zelda and their pals. The prospect sound mouthwatering. If anybody wants to check a cool site then chech out http://hometown.aol.com/nintendo0/nintendo.html its got some wicked info on the dolphin and even gives you an artists impression. I want to know who thinks the X-box will succeed and take the limelight from Sony (because I think that the X-box will target the casual gamer market) or do you think it will fail. I'm pretty sure that Nintendo are only going up. What with EA signing to produce for them, that can only be good news, as they did "skip" the DC for the PS2 and obviously with the backing of such a big publisher, there must be something special about the new console. Replies welcome.
Thu 27/07/00 at 02:50
I have a few questions for you:
1. Why did EA decide not to make games for the dreamcast?

2. I heard rumors that the name "Game Boy Advanced" may just be
a tentative name. If this is true do you have any additional
info on it?

and finally, I must admit that I may have underestimated the X-Box
in my previous post, but will they attempt to bring in big names
such as Capcom or EA?
Thu 27/07/00 at 08:23
There is no need to worry about the dolphin, it appears that nintendo have already arranged a huge amount of 3rd oarty support, more than the n64 started with.
The specs are impressive and the processor is very powerful compared to that of the PS2 and yes rare do make the best games, the PSX is by definition a casual gamers console and I see no reason why the x-box wouldn't immitate that.
Thu 27/07/00 at 21:34
EA being one of the biggest game publishers in the world thought that the the dreamcast wouldn't receive the consumer backup that it has. Basically EA are big cats and don't need to give explanations to anyone, but they said that they would moniter the DC status until they thought it had a large enough user base installed (they quoted a figure of about 5mill). As we all know the DC has gone down a storm in the States and in europe, but EA continue not to support the format despite it being a cool machine. I hate EA for this, but I don't care, because they have announced their support for X-box and Dolpin. The Dolphin has a load more 3rd party support than the N64 did basically because it is a better all rounded machine, EA are included in this list. The X-box has received or is going to receive a load of support from 3rd parties because of its achitecture. Its based around the PC and programmers are very familiar with how to program for the machine. The dolphin is based around a Mac and we all know that even though the PC has sold more and is used more, the Mac is the machine for the professional because it is more powerful and reliable. A 400mghz mac is significantly quicker than a 400mghz Pc processor. What nintendo have done here is bought out a machine which is significantly superior to the PS2, yet significantly easier to program than the PS2 which is why it has already received a load of 3rd party support. The GBA I think will be the fianl name of the new machine and will be somewhere between the SNES and N64 in terms of power. You may compare it to a SNES with the superfx chip. It will be able to handle primitive 3D graphics therefore and have things such as Mode 7 incooperated into the system. Basically its a sweet system and perfectly adequate, but may have been more powerful. I think Nintendo have balanced the power of the machine together with how long the battery life will last and come up with the GBA. I hope that should answer your questions and if you have anymore queries I'll try to answer them. Sanj.
Sat 29/07/00 at 07:49
Rumors have been coming and going about the Gameboy advances 3d abilities, they are above those of the superfx chip but not much above those of the saturn.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.