GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future is bright for Nintendo"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/07/00 at 02:17
Regular
Nintendo's future is bright. Nintendo are one of the best console makers around now they are bringing out their new console which has a faster processor than the Playstation 2 and it will be able to use more polygons per second than the PS2. The polygons are say how many people or horses you can have on the screen at one time and how good the graphics are. Another good thing about Nintendo is that they are bringing some top titles out on the release of the Dolphin. Unlike Sony Nintendo don't care how many game they release on the date of the Dolphins release but the quality of them. When the Playstation was released there was alot of games released with it but alot of them were poor quality and boring, but When the N64 was released they had few games release but the majority of them were high quality and it is going to be the same with the release of the PS2 and the Dolphin in the UK. The thing is that people are putting the Dolphin down but they don't know anything about, as i said the aspects for the Dolphin are alot better than the the PS2 but only only time will tell who is the best. As i see it The X box holds no threat to the Dolphin because it is only 32 bit external and 64 bit internal even though it is something like 500MHz and the dolphin is about 400MHz but the speed is everything, Nintendo has a higher performance and is quite close in speed wise, this makes it a more powerful console. So don't over rate the X box because of it's speed because it doesn't have the performance like the other 3 competitors so that won't be to much of a threat. The problem with the Dreamcast is that it was released to early and it hasn't got the support of that many gaming companies behind them. Nintendo were unlucky with the release of the N64 because they didn't have the 3rd party support as they do with the Dolphin, this is another big boost because they will being getting top titles which The PS1 had being the Final Fantasy series and they have Konami the makers of MGS so we will be expecting some top titles from them. So as i see it there is only Two Consoles in the race for the best console and what i've heard fromthe background information (the games, the speed+performance and the 3rd party support) Nintendo should reign as victor. So fingers crossed Nintendo.
Fri 28/07/00 at 02:17
Nintendo's future is bright. Nintendo are one of the best console makers around now they are bringing out their new console which has a faster processor than the Playstation 2 and it will be able to use more polygons per second than the PS2. The polygons are say how many people or horses you can have on the screen at one time and how good the graphics are. Another good thing about Nintendo is that they are bringing some top titles out on the release of the Dolphin. Unlike Sony Nintendo don't care how many game they release on the date of the Dolphins release but the quality of them. When the Playstation was released there was alot of games released with it but alot of them were poor quality and boring, but When the N64 was released they had few games release but the majority of them were high quality and it is going to be the same with the release of the PS2 and the Dolphin in the UK. The thing is that people are putting the Dolphin down but they don't know anything about, as i said the aspects for the Dolphin are alot better than the the PS2 but only only time will tell who is the best. As i see it The X box holds no threat to the Dolphin because it is only 32 bit external and 64 bit internal even though it is something like 500MHz and the dolphin is about 400MHz but the speed is everything, Nintendo has a higher performance and is quite close in speed wise, this makes it a more powerful console. So don't over rate the X box because of it's speed because it doesn't have the performance like the other 3 competitors so that won't be to much of a threat. The problem with the Dreamcast is that it was released to early and it hasn't got the support of that many gaming companies behind them. Nintendo were unlucky with the release of the N64 because they didn't have the 3rd party support as they do with the Dolphin, this is another big boost because they will being getting top titles which The PS1 had being the Final Fantasy series and they have Konami the makers of MGS so we will be expecting some top titles from them. So as i see it there is only Two Consoles in the race for the best console and what i've heard fromthe background information (the games, the speed+performance and the 3rd party support) Nintendo should reign as victor. So fingers crossed Nintendo.
Sun 30/07/00 at 16:22
Of course the future is bright for nintendo. When N64 came out it was massive and just imagine how big the Dolphin will be. With Rare on their side they cant loose. When the next Bond comes out Rare might have the licence and just imagine how good itll be if they improve on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Nintendo also have other graet developers on their side. They might have THQ who created wwf wrestlemania and no mercy, so imagine how great it will be with a bigger engine and what kind of matchs youll be able to have: 3 way tag team match. And what about racing games: there havent been bril ones on the N64 but with a bigger engine they will overtake everyone else. And now they are changing to DVD instead of cartridges the price of games will fall right down. So just think what developers will be able to do with 128 bit insted of 64 bit. Nintendo will have a tough challenge against Playstation 2 but if they are able to keep their old customers and some new they will beat them. So if Nintendo consentrate on the quality of the games instead of the amount of games they realese they will be the best.
Sun 30/07/00 at 23:43
i totally agree with you there mate, another reason the future is bright for nintendi is because alot of game developers are moving to Nintendo because their games are easier to create than on the playstationand that discs can hold alot more than cartridges so we'll be expecting some large games on the Dolphin

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.