GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Surreal......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/10/01 at 11:21
Regular
LAst night I was playing Extreme G 3, but with the volume turned down on the telly. Instead I had the fantastic album "Simple Things" by Zero 7 playing.

It was really weird.

The music turned what is normally a mad, frantic game, into what seemed to be a slow paced, my-granny-could-play-it type of game. I won couple of races alot easier than when the in-game music is on. It seemed to slow the game right down.

Other times Ive turned the in-game music down and put my own on was when I played UT. I put some Skid Row (that's proper late 80's, early 90's rock for all you young'uns) on instead.

WOW!

It really complimented that manic action going on within the game.

So, what I want to know is:

What games have you played, where if you put your own music on, it changes the game completely?
Sat 20/10/01 at 11:21
Regular
LAst night I was playing Extreme G 3, but with the volume turned down on the telly. Instead I had the fantastic album "Simple Things" by Zero 7 playing.

It was really weird.

The music turned what is normally a mad, frantic game, into what seemed to be a slow paced, my-granny-could-play-it type of game. I won couple of races alot easier than when the in-game music is on. It seemed to slow the game right down.

Other times Ive turned the in-game music down and put my own on was when I played UT. I put some Skid Row (that's proper late 80's, early 90's rock for all you young'uns) on instead.

WOW!

It really complimented that manic action going on within the game.

So, what I want to know is:

What games have you played, where if you put your own music on, it changes the game completely?
Sat 20/10/01 at 11:32
Regular
"Wasting away"
I would say, 'None, but then I would just be SPAMMING. Which is something I can't stand. But where I used to live I always listened to music and played games at the same time, I might sound like a woman but listening to classical music like things from films. Pearl Harbor soundtrack for example, they just calm you down and you play on the games without really knowing it.
Sat 20/10/01 at 11:45
i played mario kart with enniem's song 'real slim shady' then all of a sudden,i started 2 lose,2 toad!and that normally doesn't happen.
Sat 20/10/01 at 12:21
I played GT3 a lot while listening to Gil Scott-Herron and it didn't affect my driving at all, however I now get images of shiny cars whenever I listen to "when you are who you are"

weird eh?
Sat 20/10/01 at 12:23
Very weird.
Sat 20/10/01 at 12:30
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Unfortunately, I don't have any way form of technology in my room that plays music, so I couldn't put something else on in place for the in-game music.

I ought to try it one time, eh lads?

Although. I have tried to turn the music right down and play in silence - that wsa extremely strange...I think I did better than I usually would with music on. Heh, slighty strange, someone will have to look into this somehow, eh?

SHOCKY
Sat 20/10/01 at 12:32
If you ever do.Get Blink182 or Enniem.
Sat 20/10/01 at 13:15
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
If it's a racing game i'm playing (or something where the music/sounds arn't really too important) I usually put some of my own music on but I wouldn't know if it would affect my gameplay but it is nice to be listening to top bands while playing your favourite games :-)
Sat 20/10/01 at 13:23
But its nicer to listen to your favourite bands while playing your favourite games. I'll leave the music on if its atmospheric (like in RPGs) but if its THPS2 I turn the music off and leave the sound on, then play Tower of Power or something, same with GT3. But then, I don't really consider "Feeder" a top band either, I think they're a bit poo.
Sat 20/10/01 at 13:38
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I was agreeing with you until you said that thing about Feeder..

ooooooooo

;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.