GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IT'S NOT CALLED STARCUBE!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/08/00 at 19:43
Regular
WHOEVER CHANGED THE FUTURE OGF GAMING SUBHEADING: NINTENDO DOLPHIN INTO: NINTENDO STARCUBE SHOULD BE SHOT! THE DOLPHIN IS STILL IT'S CODENAME AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DECIDED ABOUT IT'S FINAL NAME! iT'S JUST A RUMOUR.

BL@@DY HELL PEOPLE, WHY DO YOU TAKE RUMOURS SO SERIOUSLY?
Fri 04/08/00 at 19:43
WHOEVER CHANGED THE FUTURE OGF GAMING SUBHEADING: NINTENDO DOLPHIN INTO: NINTENDO STARCUBE SHOULD BE SHOT! THE DOLPHIN IS STILL IT'S CODENAME AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DECIDED ABOUT IT'S FINAL NAME! iT'S JUST A RUMOUR.

BL@@DY HELL PEOPLE, WHY DO YOU TAKE RUMOURS SO SERIOUSLY?
Fri 04/08/00 at 21:38
It's not so much a rumour if Nintendo have patented the name (Tendobox.com have an article somewhere about it). I just hope Nintendo are just trying to mislead with the Star cube name.
Sat 05/08/00 at 11:01
Edgy wrote:
> WHOEVER CHANGED THE FUTURE OGF GAMING SUBHEADING: NINTENDO DOLPHIN
> INTO: NINTENDO STARCUBE SHOULD BE SHOT! THE DOLPHIN IS STILL IT'S
> CODENAME AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DECIDED ABOUT IT'S FINAL NAME! iT'S
> JUST A RUMOUR.
>
> BL@@DY HELL PEOPLE, WHY DO YOU TAKE RUMOURS SO SERIOUSLY?

I TOLALY AGREE
Sat 05/08/00 at 15:45
Nintendo Official Magazine are the first with Dolphin news! (they have to be as it says in the mag and others could sue em if not)

They say it's just a rumour!
Sat 05/08/00 at 17:08
But it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo opt for Starcube, as they are not exactly known for great console names.
Tue 15/08/00 at 19:11
The message above by Edgy is correct. It has been posted on many sites including this one and IGN 64 that Star Cube is not the official name of Dolphin. IGN64 has already spent money on a URL named IGN StarCube and now it has to sell. I guess they shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. Although rumours have it that Nintendo has actually registered the name Star Cube. It does not have to use it. The same thing happened with Ultra 64, now known as N64. Star Cube is just one of many considered names. Plus, now that Nintendo has it's reaction on the name Star Cube it has a whole year in which to come up with different ones.
Tue 15/08/00 at 23:06
Well actually it has noly about 2 weeks or maybe less now to decide the name as it's going to be revealed at the Nintendo special of Spaceworld 2000!

But still thanks for backing me up!
Wed 16/08/00 at 06:35
I can't really remember but didn't they have a special unveiling at E3 as it's codename "Project Dolphin"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.