GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cunning"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/08/00 at 16:51
Regular
Nintendo's big dogs are dripping in cunning.

See what they've done?
There are 3 things relevent to the workings of the console (starC/Tube) that can be revealed and discussed so early on;
1- Specifications, which are vague ideas of numbers that don't mean much to the average gamer.
2- Internet capability, which doesn't make much of a conversation, ie) will it have it and do we want it?
3- Nothing else

Because of this it'd be all too easy for Star-thing to go totally quiet while PS2 and Dreamcast pulled in the crowds, because there'd be nothing worth saying about Star-thing, except that it's a long way off. But no, Nintendo don't let things go so silent, while potential customers forget about their future offerings, instead they kick up all the fuss over names, and we all talk about it constantly because
a) it's the only thing about Star-thing to talk about,
and
b) it's stirred up controversy because the name doesn't seem like anything we want to accept for a name.

The result of this, everyone still knows that Star-thing is in the pipes for a future release, and is reminded that there will be an alternative to PS2 and Dreamcast coming soon. Genius.
Sat 05/08/00 at 16:51
Nintendo's big dogs are dripping in cunning.

See what they've done?
There are 3 things relevent to the workings of the console (starC/Tube) that can be revealed and discussed so early on;
1- Specifications, which are vague ideas of numbers that don't mean much to the average gamer.
2- Internet capability, which doesn't make much of a conversation, ie) will it have it and do we want it?
3- Nothing else

Because of this it'd be all too easy for Star-thing to go totally quiet while PS2 and Dreamcast pulled in the crowds, because there'd be nothing worth saying about Star-thing, except that it's a long way off. But no, Nintendo don't let things go so silent, while potential customers forget about their future offerings, instead they kick up all the fuss over names, and we all talk about it constantly because
a) it's the only thing about Star-thing to talk about,
and
b) it's stirred up controversy because the name doesn't seem like anything we want to accept for a name.

The result of this, everyone still knows that Star-thing is in the pipes for a future release, and is reminded that there will be an alternative to PS2 and Dreamcast coming soon. Genius.
Sat 05/08/00 at 17:17
But the only people talking/arguing about the Dolphin/Starcube debate are people who would be buying the console anyway. Potential customers may now be even more put off with the new name...or I could be talking a load of rubbish, and Nintendo are more clever than we take them for, especially after the N64. (Before anyone throws something straight back at my face, so to speak, I am a Nintendo fan. I just don't want them making more disastrous mistakes.)
Sat 05/08/00 at 17:39
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP CALLING IT STARCUBE? IT'S OFFICIAL CODENAME IS DOLPHIN! NOONE HAS CALLED IT STARCUBE! IT'S JUST AN INTERNET RUMOUR TAKEN TOO SERIOUSLY!
Sun 06/08/00 at 15:07
But if the thing's not ready, the release will HAVE to wait, and on the other count, I was planning to deffer to Sega, and buy a Dreamcast, and no doubt would have had the Star-thing not been present in my mind, reminding me that Nintendo will make an offering, just be patient.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.