GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Launch Games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/08/00 at 17:29
Regular
What games do you want to see on the new N machine? Most likley, there will a Mario game, but what else may turn up at the launch party? Personally, I want the games to have impact, like Mario 64 had on the N64. As time goes by, and technology becomes more advanced, can we really get the same WOW-factor experienced before?

As well as the mandatory Mario, I think Nintendo really need to release a multiplayer game at launch. As well as showing the possible powers of the Dolphin in multiplayer mode, it would also encourage more harware sales, as extra controllers are needed. I mean, you only have to look at the original Gameboy, and see the effect of Tetris (still one of the best multiplayers) had on GB sales.

Another good game would be a beat-em-up, preferably from Capcom. Not only will it help sell the machine (fighting games just seem to), it would also show to console buyers that Nintendo can, and did, release quality fighters on its machines.

Oh, and Zelda Dolphin would be nice...here's hoping...
Sat 05/08/00 at 17:29
What games do you want to see on the new N machine? Most likley, there will a Mario game, but what else may turn up at the launch party? Personally, I want the games to have impact, like Mario 64 had on the N64. As time goes by, and technology becomes more advanced, can we really get the same WOW-factor experienced before?

As well as the mandatory Mario, I think Nintendo really need to release a multiplayer game at launch. As well as showing the possible powers of the Dolphin in multiplayer mode, it would also encourage more harware sales, as extra controllers are needed. I mean, you only have to look at the original Gameboy, and see the effect of Tetris (still one of the best multiplayers) had on GB sales.

Another good game would be a beat-em-up, preferably from Capcom. Not only will it help sell the machine (fighting games just seem to), it would also show to console buyers that Nintendo can, and did, release quality fighters on its machines.

Oh, and Zelda Dolphin would be nice...here's hoping...
Sat 05/08/00 at 17:41
It's official that wave-race is going to be one of the first DOLPHIN games released!
Sat 05/08/00 at 21:23
it would be great to have lots of sequals to the launch games of the n64, like a Mario adventure and perhaps mario kart 2 (no news of anything along the lines of that). What would really be great would be after dark (the rumoured name for perfect dark 2) and and a zelda game, though i think it would be better for nintendo and rare to spend a lot of time perfecting them to masterpieces so they could blow away anything the greystation 2 could throw at them. Also, there needs to be some arcade style racers and some other original games (Pilotwings 2 or blastcorps 2 perhaps).
Sun 06/08/00 at 14:19
Where did you here this from? If it's true, it's great news. Over three years, and no one else can seem to better the amazing effects and playability of the original. Well, it's about time that Nintendo showed the others how to do it. Maybe they'll even throw in a four player mode, as well.
Mon 07/08/00 at 10:41
heres the link
http://www.nintendose.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?id=964540625
thats where I found out anyway
It really is good news because the 64 versoin looked impressive enough to be a next generation title :)
Sun 13/08/00 at 13:32
i rekon a sequel to international track and field would go down well, so would sequels to games like mario, zelda and perfect dark. a good beat em up would intrest doplhin owbers too because there was a major shortage on the N64. i would also like to see an f-zero-x style game too!
Sun 20/08/00 at 10:08
Bring back Lylat Wars and sequels to 1080 and Blast Corps would be brilliant.
Sun 20/08/00 at 19:40
Regular
I think the problem with the n64 was that at the very start, when it was released in Japan, Mario 64 was the only game to be released with it. This caused people to buy the n64 and mario, then take them back a week later because there were, quite literaly no more games to play. If we get a great line up of games for the dolphin (August 24th, wait for it) it should get swallowed well. Well, heres hoping Nintendo don't cack it up again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.