GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 story..... TOP 35"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/10/01 at 15:16
Regular
Hereís my latest weird story based on PS2 game names. This time Iíve based it on the PS2 game orders chart from special reserve. I reckon thereís about 35 games in here.... busy little beaver arenít I ?!

I had overslept last night after a night of watching WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SNOOKER on the telly. My alarm clock never rang and so I woke up in a bit of a TIME CRISIS. I was running late for the UNREAL TOURNAMENT in which I was going to compete against DAVE MIRRA and TONY HAWK.

Something just didnít feel right about this situation, there was a very very DARK CLOUD outside my window, and it gave off the impression that in it lurked some RESIDENT EVIL. I knew this was going to be a weird day.

I called the first taxi firm I could find in the book. The extremist RED FACTION group ran a mini-cab service in conjunction with THE BOUNCER from our local pub.... I suppose I should have paid attention to the name of the cab service.... CRAZY TAXI. The cab pulled up at the curb by my house and I jumped in. It took off at an immense speed, as if it was on a SMUGGLERS RUN. The cab kept going faster and faster almost as if the ONIMUSHA WARLORDS themselves were chasing it, and I started to experience some EXTREME G-forces on my face,
Then I recognised the driver, it was my GRAN, TURISMO (as I have said before, sheís foreign !). She informed me that she had to commit GRAND THEFT AUTO in order to get a car that was fast enough to make an ESCAPE FROM MONKEY ISLAND where the QUAKE 3 REVOLUTION had just broken out in full force.

(For those of you that donít know, QUAKE 3 is the underground name for a particularly mean group of monkeys at the local THEME PARK, where granny works part-time (while she is not KESSEN the punters at our local ëpay for a kissí service). Granny had to make a quick getaway from there because the monkeys were planning an OPERATION to WINBACK their little THEME PARK WORLD.)

So there we were, granny driving like a SPY HUNTER, me panicking in the passenger seat like someone about to take part in WWF SMACKDOWN. Granny decided to take a shortcut, ìLets try some ATV OFFROAD FURYî she yelled as the car leapt the ditch. We landed on an INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER pitch, nearly killing ALEX FERGUSON in the process (who was training his new X SQUAD for their PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER match). ìGrannyî, I cried, ìTHIS IS FOOTBALL. You canít drive hereî.

Players ran in all directions, knowing they faced certain EXTERMINATION in the form of granny driving a car like it was an MX bike. Suddenly I heard a sound overhead. It was a THUNDERHAWK helicopter, homing in on us like a STARFIGHTER. A SILENT SCOPE appeared from a side window and before we knew it, all our tyres had been shot out.

Finally the TIMESPLITTERS arrived on the scene to mop up the remaining bodies. They told me I was just dreaming but I said they had to be TEKKEN the mickey out of me.
Then I woke up.

Too much PS2 is bad for the head !!!
Thu 18/10/01 at 23:05
Goodluck with winning GAD...

Great post.
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:32
Regular
kevd wrote:
> Thanks for the compliments guys, but regardless of whether this wins or not it's
> the last of its kind that I'll write.

until you find out that this has won GAD tomorrow
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:24
Thanks for the compliments guys, but regardless of whether this wins or not it's the last of its kind that I'll write.
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:15
Regular
Yeh i remember someone doing this but with a feeder theme where the story was full of feeder songs off of their albums

good post maybe you could do another one based around something else
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:59
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yeah, great post there mate.
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:49
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Great post, Kevd, I hope it wins GAD again.

You ought to ask permission from SR if you can put a copyright logo on the end of it so no-one else can copy your fantastic ideas. Because I agree with Slaveunit, if this does win again, then expect more to come.

SHOCKY
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:39
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Good post Kevd.Great imagination youve got....
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:22
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
if ti does, expect a lot more of them to come....
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:19
"High polygon count"
It was by the same guy - I think.

And it was a deserved win. Can it win again? We'll see...
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:17
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
A post like this won a GAD about a month ago.

Shame, it's a goodun

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.