GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone got Wario World yet?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Wario World'.
Fri 20/06/03 at 15:46
Regular
Just been reading a review on IGN and it sounds sweet.

It's another short one just like Luigi's Mansion, but then I never expected it to be long. Oh and it's got a nice looking snow world which is always a bonus.

Definite purchase once I get paid me thinks.

Anyone got it yet then?
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:54
Regular
Yes, but the you can in the Wario Land series.

Anyway, I've limited myself to 2 levels a day, arg! Well, at least it'll last longer.
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:22
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> I prefer Wario Land 4 out of the lot, but Wario Wolrd is better than
> the Land series, regardless of the fact you can't steal abilities.

You couldn't steal abilities in the original :D
Tue 24/06/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
My game arrived on Friday (thanks again, SR!).

And, I have to admit, I have been pleasantly surprised with this game! :)

It's great fun to play, even though it isn't as-great as a Super Mario platformer. I hate WWE and all the Wrestling rubbish, but it's great being able to do some Wrestling moves in this game. Great fun!

There aren't nearly enoguh levels in the entire game, and it is a bit too far on the easy-side. But it's enjoyable to play, and there are a lot of treasures and that to collect.

It took me a while to get used to the camera-angle, but it now seems to work quite well, and plays a lot like it did in Kirby 64, only better, with more freedom to move-around and explore.

I like this game, and - like with The Wind Waker - I'll be dissapointed to see it end. But, at least it only kills a small-bit of time before I get my hands on something like Skies of Acradia Legends. :)

If you like fun-to-play Nintendo games, then I reccomend you get this.
Treasure have done another good job, here.
Tue 24/06/03 at 14:41
Regular
I prefer Wario Land 4 out of the lot, but Wario Wolrd is better than the Land series, regardless of the fact you can't steal abilities.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:12
Regular
RM18 wrote:
Are his GB games in the same style?

Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land is the closest in style (and now the second best Wario game I've ever played), but they're still nothing alike.

Wario Land 3 was the worst in my opinion.
Tue 24/06/03 at 12:30
Regular
I have to say, this game is amazing. To me, it feels as though this is what I wanted out of a Mario 64 sequel; it's fun, there's some clever platform jumping and puzzle solving moments, and even though there are only 4 worlds each level is pretty massive.

The 2D viewpoint works very well and, while Luigi's Mansion-eque in view, it works even better in a platform jumping style. It terms of fun and pure platforming, Mario Sunshine pales in comparison.

The combat is great too, making for some avried and fun battles. If Nintendo used the same engine as this and made it a bit more 'mammoth', this could be a great Mario 64 sequel. While at first glance it doesn't seem so 'Nintendo', the idea of having to solve puzzles to get certain items does make it feel like a Nintendo game, NOT the generic platformer everyone was expecting, including me.

Great stuff, get it.
Sun 22/06/03 at 00:08
Regular
This looks a bit crap.

Views?
Sat 21/06/03 at 21:08
Regular
WS Super DX wrote:
> Wario World is great, but it would have been even better
> if it was along the same lines as the Wario Land games.

> Wario World is great

> would have been even better
Sat 21/06/03 at 21:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its still a great and fun game.
Sat 21/06/03 at 21:04
Regular
No.

Unfortunatly. Wario World is great, but it would have been even better if it was along the same lines as the Wario Land games.

In those it was done in true bad guy style. You know how in cartoons the bad guy can never be killed? Like if he gets squashed he just becomes flat etc.

They were like that, so you had to use different abilites like being flat, being on fire, being a big snowball etc to get through the level. The only way you could die was from spikes, and that was only introduced in the fourth game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.