GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy Advanced"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/10/01 at 19:59
Regular
Since this lovely little handheld's been released, everywhere I look there's someone playing on it. I'm not surprised with such a low price for such a powerful little handheld. 32-bits of sheer brilliance squashed into something so small. It's believable for the Playstation to be 32-bit because it's quite large, but this is quite unbelievable.
Nintendo have graced us with the Gameboy Advance with such a fair price (£89.99) when you think of its capabilities. When the Playstation arrived it was worth (if I can remember correctly) around £200. £200 for something quite as large as it is and 32-bit. The Gameboy Advance is smaller, more manouvreable and you can play it anywhere and all for £89.99. Although I still find the prices of handheld games quite ridiculous, I still manage to find some games actually worth buying!
Probably one of the best and hugely fun games for the GBA is Mario Kart Advance. It offers most of what most handheld games should be like, basically, exciting! This game is hugely competitive, but at the same time fun to play. From the recent N64 series you can choose a huge range of characters based from Mario and race wildly around the huge selections of tracks, including unlockable tracks. This GBA title suits the GBA format. As this game was hugely popular for the N64, so will it be for the GBA. There are many other great titles for this powerful all-around machine such as Tomb Raider: Curse of the Sword, GT Advance, Colin McRae Rally and Backtrack. All these titles and more offer a great gaming experience.
Nintendo, through the gaming years seemed to've offered us, the dedicated, a huge and brighter gaming enterprise. The Playstation has also done well, but who really started the gaming industry? It was Nintendo! With such great and hugely popular titles like Mario and Zelda carrying on strong, Nintendo seems more appealing than most consoles available today and those upcoming. The GBA is one of Nintendo's merchandise that does it proud. With the graphical improvements from the recent Gameboy/Gameboy colour and visibly improved gameplay the GBA is THE most powerful and excitable handhelds available today and will carry on like this unless Playstation, Sega or the new Microsoft(most likely) create their own improved handheld, which will, most likely happen.
We must all be prepared for the new Handheld Heaven that's most certainly going to hit us REAL hard in the future!!!
Wed 17/10/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Since this lovely little handheld's been released, everywhere I look there's someone playing on it. I'm not surprised with such a low price for such a powerful little handheld. 32-bits of sheer brilliance squashed into something so small. It's believable for the Playstation to be 32-bit because it's quite large, but this is quite unbelievable.
Nintendo have graced us with the Gameboy Advance with such a fair price (£89.99) when you think of its capabilities. When the Playstation arrived it was worth (if I can remember correctly) around £200. £200 for something quite as large as it is and 32-bit. The Gameboy Advance is smaller, more manouvreable and you can play it anywhere and all for £89.99. Although I still find the prices of handheld games quite ridiculous, I still manage to find some games actually worth buying!
Probably one of the best and hugely fun games for the GBA is Mario Kart Advance. It offers most of what most handheld games should be like, basically, exciting! This game is hugely competitive, but at the same time fun to play. From the recent N64 series you can choose a huge range of characters based from Mario and race wildly around the huge selections of tracks, including unlockable tracks. This GBA title suits the GBA format. As this game was hugely popular for the N64, so will it be for the GBA. There are many other great titles for this powerful all-around machine such as Tomb Raider: Curse of the Sword, GT Advance, Colin McRae Rally and Backtrack. All these titles and more offer a great gaming experience.
Nintendo, through the gaming years seemed to've offered us, the dedicated, a huge and brighter gaming enterprise. The Playstation has also done well, but who really started the gaming industry? It was Nintendo! With such great and hugely popular titles like Mario and Zelda carrying on strong, Nintendo seems more appealing than most consoles available today and those upcoming. The GBA is one of Nintendo's merchandise that does it proud. With the graphical improvements from the recent Gameboy/Gameboy colour and visibly improved gameplay the GBA is THE most powerful and excitable handhelds available today and will carry on like this unless Playstation, Sega or the new Microsoft(most likely) create their own improved handheld, which will, most likely happen.
We must all be prepared for the new Handheld Heaven that's most certainly going to hit us REAL hard in the future!!!
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:02
uuuuummmmm i think it already has.
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:03
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Good post!!! I agree with your point about how good value it is! All that fun for £80!!!!!
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:04
mine wos £120.00.
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:08
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Photo-Genetic wrote:
> mine wos £120.00.

Then you got ripped off! What did you get with it? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:11
some dull game.mario advance.
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:13
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Photo-Genetic wrote:
> some dull game.mario advance.

In that case you weren't TOTALLY ripped off, just mildly ripped off ! ! ! ! !
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:15
hello,mario.I HATE MARIO!
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:16
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Photo-Genetic wrote:
> hello,mario.I HATE MARIO!

Cough*SPAMMER*cough
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:17
duh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.