GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy, brainwashing us? Anti-christ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X'.
Sun 22/06/03 at 11:32
Regular
I may be thinking too deep into the situation but looking at the FF series i have noticed somthing, well a few things really.

Magic - A very whitchcrafty thing, but not to bad... or was it? I mean in number 7 you had meatria, then in 8 it came from enemies of evil, then in 9 from ancient weapons then finally 10, the usage of witchcraft dolls, a gentle ease but still, anti religios?

Summoning - What need i say? Witchcraft involves summoning (ok fair enought its not of giant chicken like creatures but still)

Number 10, the whole sin thing, thats definatly a religious link! TO SIN's, SINning? i reast my case.

And quite possibly the biggest religion insulter of all, Yu Yevon. Loom at it, they say prayers of ancient belief, but our stars knows it all crud thats been changed over time. He knows their religion was based around nothing. Is that what we should think about Christianity and all the other religions?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE FINAL FANTASY, but am I onto somthing here? Do square not like the idea of God and religion?

Your veiws? (and feel free to chuck in anything i've missed!)
Sun 22/06/03 at 11:32
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I may be thinking too deep into the situation but looking at the FF series i have noticed somthing, well a few things really.

Magic - A very whitchcrafty thing, but not to bad... or was it? I mean in number 7 you had meatria, then in 8 it came from enemies of evil, then in 9 from ancient weapons then finally 10, the usage of witchcraft dolls, a gentle ease but still, anti religios?

Summoning - What need i say? Witchcraft involves summoning (ok fair enought its not of giant chicken like creatures but still)

Number 10, the whole sin thing, thats definatly a religious link! TO SIN's, SINning? i reast my case.

And quite possibly the biggest religion insulter of all, Yu Yevon. Loom at it, they say prayers of ancient belief, but our stars knows it all crud thats been changed over time. He knows their religion was based around nothing. Is that what we should think about Christianity and all the other religions?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE FINAL FANTASY, but am I onto somthing here? Do square not like the idea of God and religion?

Your veiws? (and feel free to chuck in anything i've missed!)
Sun 22/06/03 at 11:33
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Materia! i'm not sure what happend with that word there!
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:05
"period drama"
Reasting your case won't do much good either : P

Seriously, you could sit around and analyse every game's anti-christ or pro-war or whatever messages, it really won't get you anywhere.

FF is set in a fantasy world, following the traditional fantasy lines as seen in every book and film - there's magic and an evil guy, a good side and a bad side which can easily be changed to a side for and a side against religion.
Sun 22/06/03 at 17:34
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
I reckon it's a good game I does. Cos it's like, you know, good like.
Anti-christ, shmanti-christ. Seriously though, I think your right, but only religous nuts would really care.
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:28
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It is quite a good dig at religions such as Christianity, but Japan was Buddhist before the west got in and changed all that. Fair enough I reckon.
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
People are entiled to believe in magic and witchcraft just as much as they are in any other religeon.
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You mention that Sin was in FFX - the whole point was that you destroy Sin. E.g. more of a pro-religious than an anti-religious view, wouldn't you say?
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:05
"period drama"
Try Grandia 2 if you want to have a go about religious aspects in games. It's got the lot - bad god / good god; people abusing the church's power; possesion; mindless faith - you'd have a field day.
Wed 25/06/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Blank wrote:
> You mention that Sin was in FFX - the whole point was that you destroy
> Sin. E.g. more of a pro-religious than an anti-religious view,
> wouldn't you say?

Yea true. Although it has now come to my attention that in Silent Hill 3 you must fight 'God' So hey, never mind!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.