GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Mother Held Hostage'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/04/07 at 14:33
Regular
This sanctimonious crap about how terrible it is that some mother is being held hostage irritates me.
(Okay, it was first headlines a few days ago, but I've been offline a lot).

The woman signs up to the army by choice, she knows what could happen - if anyone's guilty of putting her children in a bad position, it's not Iran, it's her.

The woman was happy to join the army and be part of the machine that takes the lives of other people - other mothers included.

It may or may not be the case that Iran are dirty scumbag ****-*******s, but the woman chose to make herself a target, and she chose to abdicate control of her own morality and kill whoever some half-baked government who come up with 'evidence' and justification selectively to back up decisions already taken (internet thesis) tells her to kill.

I have very little sympathy. And the Daily Mail brigade slip further in my estimation.
Sun 22/04/07 at 16:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
pfft
Sun 22/04/07 at 14:35
Regular
Daily mail rocks - Dont diss!

=cD
Tue 03/04/07 at 11:07
Regular
"eat toast!"
The daily mail is a facist and right wing newspaper anyway. I only buy the saturday newspaper for the tv guide and pretty much nothing else. The daily mail is full of sensationlist rubbish typical of most tabloid and black top news papers. Maybe even some broadsheets in fact.
Mon 02/04/07 at 12:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It was her choice to join the military and put her life on the line, but on the other hand there is conclusive proof that the Iranians were lying about their position - even the BBC, which is impartial and therefore must consider both arguments, highlights the truth in their website's "Iranian View of Events". The only reason they're going with such a view of events and making such "admissions" is that they've only been told the Iranian account of events, and are under pressure - I'd guess doing what they can to get their kidnappers to release them. The press are milking the "Mother" issue to emphasise the Iranian guilt and dishonour for all it's worth, and in such a situation, that really isn't right - after all, she wasn't conscripted or anything.

On the other hand, they shouldn't have been patrolling in an area so close to a nation with no regard for international law, human rights etc, especially when such an event has happened before. A UN mandate is official, but has nothing much to back it up.

I'm not one of the Daily Mail brigade, to be honest I sometimes find it simply too awful to read at times, as I usually read the Daily Telegraph. And I'm not going to go flag burning outside the Iranian embassy, as I don't see that as a good idea at all. All I can say is that I am deeply disgusted by the Iranian actions, and am sorry if anyone is annoyed at my ranting posting of recent.
Sun 01/04/07 at 15:13
Regular
I read the Daily Star =)
Sun 01/04/07 at 15:12
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I only read quality publications like the national enquirer.
Sun 01/04/07 at 15:04
Regular
You'll have to forgive Garin, he's a loyal Daily Mail reader. =)
Sun 01/04/07 at 14:50
Regular
Huzzah. *Licks Garin*.
Sun 01/04/07 at 14:49
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> sanctimonious crap

Ironically thats a fair description of your post too.
Sun 01/04/07 at 14:33
Regular
This sanctimonious crap about how terrible it is that some mother is being held hostage irritates me.
(Okay, it was first headlines a few days ago, but I've been offline a lot).

The woman signs up to the army by choice, she knows what could happen - if anyone's guilty of putting her children in a bad position, it's not Iran, it's her.

The woman was happy to join the army and be part of the machine that takes the lives of other people - other mothers included.

It may or may not be the case that Iran are dirty scumbag ****-*******s, but the woman chose to make herself a target, and she chose to abdicate control of her own morality and kill whoever some half-baked government who come up with 'evidence' and justification selectively to back up decisions already taken (internet thesis) tells her to kill.

I have very little sympathy. And the Daily Mail brigade slip further in my estimation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.