GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PSone's final hour"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/10/01 at 17:00
Regular
The Playstation is nearly dead. A handful of decent games have been shed in the past few months, including Alone in The Dark 4, World's Scariest Police Chases, Breath of Fire 4 and The Italian Job. The PSone is about to have it's final hour. Forget Black + White, they scrapped it. The last hope the PSone has is, wait for it. LMA 2002.

But is this game gonna be the canine's crackers or another last minute catastrophe. hopefully our Playstations can go out with a bang?

Lma Has a good history. It is a great game, and the first two were liked by footy fans everywhere. i just claimed the 2001 addition and i am already hooked, despite the fact i only received it yesterday. there is surely no way this can fail, is there?

It will have all the great stats, matches and highlights, as usual. It will almost definitely contain the depth of the last two. And it will probably take up a whole memory card for one save (oh no).

My final wish would be to see the PSone fade in a glorious fashion.
Dreamcast faded cos no one was buying them.
N64 faded cos no one would make any decent games.
And Xbox has faded before it has even come out, due to Bill gates' name on it.
But surely our favourite little grey box, and without a doubt the best console of the last 5 years, deserves to go out in style.
Sat 20/10/01 at 11:29
Regular
There's no need for a PS1 cos PS2 plays the old games, and improves the loading times and graphics.
Fri 19/10/01 at 23:06
Code: 144 Complete wrote:
> Its dying to slowly, by the way I havent bought a Psone game for a long time
> because ever since I got the Ps2 I really didnt want to play in those graphics
> anymore.

True, since I got my PS2 I haven't touched my PSX (sold it actually), have never bought or read a PS1 magazine since, so for me the PS1 is already dead. No offence... Playsation 2 is the king.
Fri 19/10/01 at 22:58
Regular
Its dying to slowly, by the way I havent bought a Psone game for a long time because ever since I got the Ps2 I really didnt want to play in those graphics anymore.
Fri 19/10/01 at 22:54
Regular
"Touched!"
The Psone is not dead yet so don't write it off, even now new games are being announced, and there are some great deals on the Psone, like the ones SR do, another year and a bit left yet!!
Fri 19/10/01 at 22:50
Yup, the PS1 still has some life in it.

For a year or two.
Fri 19/10/01 at 18:41
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yes the PS2 will shine, but PS1 is everything but dead still at this time. Games are still being sold, and its the currently most bough first console for kids.

Still another year are so in there.
Fri 19/10/01 at 18:35
And shine it will.
Fri 19/10/01 at 18:26
Regular
the PSone has had its day and its time to move over and let big brother have its chance to shine
Fri 19/10/01 at 18:22
Regular
"You Bum!!"
True SR is very cheap compared to other companies
Fri 19/10/01 at 17:35
True... Very cheap here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.