GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it worth buying a PS2???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/10/01 at 14:45
Regular
Considering the purchase of a DVD player when noticed the price drop of the PS2. SR have a good deal with their PS2 Fire Pack at £229 but what else would I need for good quality DVD playback? The official remote perhaps? A better scart connector? DVD Region X whatever this is for?
Being new to this PS stuff any advice greatfully received
Tue 16/10/01 at 13:23
yeh Longy then as you and Kid rock were saying earlier you can get two games for £70 shame i aint no one to pay half with me
Tue 16/10/01 at 13:20
Regular
"WWJD"
yep it is deffently worth buying, and yeah my mum might let me hopefully i try and prosuade my dad and if not my mum
Tue 16/10/01 at 13:03
yeh it is worth it just cant wait until 26th to get GTA3 but Longy maybe your mum will let you play on it early?
Tue 16/10/01 at 12:50
Regular
"WWJD"
SkythePig wrote:
> Alright, alright, alright!!! I get it the Third place is great. Just read
> Longy's review of GTA3 and I'm convinced. The other GTA games were good fun and
> this one sounds like The Business. So at the end of this month I will smash open
> the piggy bank and take the plunge. Hopefully SR might do a good GTA3/PS2
> package (hint hint SR)
PS: where can I buy a new piggy bank, Rosey cheeks,
> cheeky smile etc?

wow thanks for that it's really encouraging cheers and im glad your getting a PS2 now because it is well worth it anyone who hasn't got one they are doomed
Tue 16/10/01 at 12:41
Regular
"not dead"
If you were planning to get a DVD player anyway, and like the types of games availbale on the PS2, then £229 for the 'Fire Pack' is a bargain.

I already have a DVD Player, and don't think there are enough games that I would enjoy that won't be available on the GAMECUBE to warrant the purchase of a PS2.

Unless I win the lottery.

Then I would.
Tue 16/10/01 at 11:41
Alright, alright, alright!!! I get it the Third place is great. Just read Longy's review of GTA3 and I'm convinced. The other GTA games were good fun and this one sounds like The Business. So at the end of this month I will smash open the piggy bank and take the plunge. Hopefully SR might do a good GTA3/PS2 package (hint hint SR)
PS: where can I buy a new piggy bank, Rosey cheeks, cheeky smile etc?
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:09
Regular
"Touched!"
stef is the best wrote:
> The PS2 is a really good console but i would wait until it goes down in price i
> would look on the special resreve website because they have the best deals. The
> good thing about a PS2 is that it can play DVD's, CD's and old playstation games
> oh of cause playstation 2 games

you don't get out much, incase you never noticed they came down like 2 weeks ago, give october the 5th a call and check that, change your name to "stef is dreaming", because thats as close as you will get to a ps2 or the third place
Mon 15/10/01 at 22:03
Regular
"WWJD"
it's already come down in price and there are good deals get it quik before erm u dont have one.

that dosent make sense but u'll understand when uv got one or nearly got one and can feel the third place
Mon 15/10/01 at 21:27
The PS2 is a really good console but i would wait until it goes down in price i would look on the special resreve website because they have the best deals. The good thing about a PS2 is that it can play DVD's, CD's and old playstation games oh of cause playstation 2 games
Mon 15/10/01 at 19:41
True.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.