GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Midfield in the world."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/10/01 at 00:06
Regular
Who is gonna argue with me when i say we (man utd) have the best midfield in the world?

THe performances of Beckham and Veron were outstanding against that greek team(yeah i cant spell it, heres my attempt at it...olympkiakos). Even more so for Veron since he travelled 45,000 miles from Argentina to play in this game.

Oh yeah, and to further back me up, just remember this is the first time that greek team have been beaten at home in the champions league.
Thu 11/10/01 at 19:41
Regular
Arsenal did have the better midfield when vieria and petit were toghether. And the premiership would have been much closer last season if they will still there.

as for Zidane and Figo being the better midfield, well it is very close but you have to remember how old Zidane is. I think Real paid over the top for him. Veron was a much better value for money seeing as he is 26.
Thu 11/10/01 at 19:00
Macmanam should not get anywhere near the best midfield in the world. The guy is soooooo over-rated. If you played him in 40 odd games during a season you might get 4/5 decent performance, the rest of the time he is very average.

As an Arsenal fan I hate to admit it but I do think United have the best midfield in the world right now. I think Viera is better than Keane and it is worrying that Viera has not ruled out a move to united at the end of the season. It looks as though Keane could be on his way out in the summer (to Celtic) and I believe a central midfield pairing of Viera and Veron, with Beckham and Giggs out wide would be awesome.
Thu 11/10/01 at 17:51
Regular
BORRIS wrote:
Well if the quality of McManaman cant get in, that just shows how
> good the midfield are!

McManaman is skillful but a bit lightweight for me. He wouldn't get in Man Utd's midfield.
Thu 11/10/01 at 17:47
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> McManaman?! - I don't think so. He can't get a game these days.

Well if the quality of McManaman cant get in, that just shows how good the midfield are!

---

And maybe Raul is a striker, but what about these players?
All world class midfielders.

Zinedine Zidane
Steve McManaman
Luis Figo
Flavio ConceiÁao
Claude Makelele
Thu 11/10/01 at 17:39
Regular
BORRIS wrote:
> Sorry but Real Madrid have the best midfield.

McManaman, Zidane, Raul,
> Figo

You cant get better than that!

McManaman?! - I don't think so. He can't get a game these days.
And Raul is a striker.

So Real's midfield is Zidane, Figo, and ...err, - obviously no where near as good as United's as I can't name them.
Thu 11/10/01 at 17:34
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
Sorry but Real Madrid have the best midfield.

McManaman, Zidane, Raul, Figo

You cant get better than that!
Thu 11/10/01 at 16:19
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Just remember that the Greek side had not been beaten at home in the Champions League.

This added pressure on the Greek side did not help. Not taking anything away from Utd, Veron and Beckham played out of their skin.

Well done Utd. I am not a Utd Fan I am an Everton fan.
Thu 11/10/01 at 14:11
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Utd can get better. The midfield is excellent. On paper names like Beckham, Giggs, Veron, Keane, Scholes, Butt it would be hard to decide who not to play.
The defence is a bit shakey, they will get better, and it is likely new players will be brought in to patch up weak areas.

They have one of the strongest squads in the world, So many top class players. So I think they have (or are in the top 3) the best midfield at the moment.
Thu 11/10/01 at 09:52
Regular
Beckham and Veron were once again top class, especially in the 2nd half. But yet again Paul Scholes was of colour - probably still got one of his famous head colds.
Blanc had one of his best games for Utd.
Thu 11/10/01 at 08:41
Regular
"not dead"
If Beckham continues in his current form he'll win player of the year.

He's making as many chances as ever, plus he's scoring goals too now, even tap-ins, which aren't the kind of gaols you expect to see from him!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.