GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Formula One 2003"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/07/03 at 11:57
Regular
Has anyone bought this ? just wanted to find out what it's really like, also haven't bought OPSM2 mag for a while, have they reviewed it yet ?

thanks
Tue 22/07/03 at 10:25
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I picked it up in GAME last night, £10 plus my free copy of Turok Evolution from my SR membership, should have time to play it tomorrow, will let you know what I think.
Tue 22/07/03 at 09:43
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Had a play last night, seams VERY arcady even on simulation mode. Also it's way too fast, this may sound wierd for a F1 game, but for me it too fast to enjoy AND the steering is rubbish. Feels like your sliding round corners. it was like i was playin power drift, not a F1 sim

Qualifying is rubbish, you can't watch other drivers, you can't speed up time so you go out late, you just have to sit and wait.

I'll post more when i get chance to play more, but up to now, not worth £40.

Not even as good as Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 2, which was out years ago.
Mon 21/07/03 at 10:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It in the stores also but the offer finishes today
Mon 21/07/03 at 09:09
Regular
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> RobertM wrote:
> GAME are currently selling F1 2003 at £19.99 from today until
> 21st July.
>
> Is that in store or online, couldn't find it on their website.

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=9&mid=321302
Fri 18/07/03 at 10:35
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
RobertM wrote:
> GAME are currently selling F1 2003 at £19.99 from today until
> 21st July.

Is that in store or online, couldn't find it on their website.
Thu 17/07/03 at 15:18
Regular
GAME are currently selling F1 2003 at £19.99 from today until 21st July.
Sun 13/07/03 at 23:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm thinking of getting this so just a few questions

1) Do the other cars make mistakes or are they on rails and drive around the track perfectly?

2) What's the other drivers AI like? Will they actually try and overtake me or just slam into the back of me and drive off.

3) What's the damage like. Hopefully better than the 2001 version

4) How's the flag system? Do we get all the flags or just the main red, yellow, blue etc ones? For instance is the oil flag included (the red and orange striped one)

5) any career mode of any sort?
Sun 13/07/03 at 22:30
Regular
I bought this on friday (when it was released) and i gotta say this game is really......average!!! The graphics are so similar to the 2002 game its crazy. They are just smoothed out, as is the handling. The new qualifying system works really well though, and makes the game far more interesting. Oddly there only seems to be commentary from the TV guys at the spectator mode, weird!!!!! There is no TV style sector times either, which is a shame because i really like that, even if it is often distracting!
Some of the tracks are not that accurate, magny cours is an abvious example!!!
Anyway, i would urge you to buy this if you can find it quite cheaply, but i dont think that its worth the full £40 asking price!!!
Fri 11/07/03 at 16:24
Regular
"  "
Speed Kings is great, the handling is much better than Moto GP3, don't know how they managed to wreck it from Moto GP2, but they did. :@
Fri 11/07/03 at 16:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Natbuc wrote:
> Oh right, well like his opinion matters. ;D

---

Yeah, but you like Speed Kings.

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.