GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soul Calibur Arrived..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soul Calibur'.
Mon 14/07/03 at 14:36
Regular
After a fairly long wait I can't say I am all that impressed. The fight engine is sweet and some of the characters look pretty sweet but I am not blown away like I thought I would be. Maybe after playing Dead or Alive 3 my standards have suddenly raised, or maybe its just not my thing anymore.

I have recently stopped playing games like I used to and apart from Skies of Arcadia I haven't played on my Cube or Xbox for weeks.

I am going through the mission mode with 'Maxx' at the moment and I am already a little bored of doing the same moves over and over. I have clocked in excess of 100 hours on Dead or Alive 3 in the Survival mode and I think its put me off fighting games for life :) I used to get quite a thrill from playing fighting games but now I just seem to do one battle and turn them off because the repetitive nature has already started to annoy me.

I will continue to play it further as from what I have read it is supposed to be the best fighting game ever. I couldn't believe the fact that Gamespot had given a perfect 10! Normally they mark half decent games in the 6-7/10 region. There must be something here worth playing for and I guess posting on here isn't going to help me find the game hidden within.

Back I go for another blast...
Mon 14/07/03 at 14:36
Regular
After a fairly long wait I can't say I am all that impressed. The fight engine is sweet and some of the characters look pretty sweet but I am not blown away like I thought I would be. Maybe after playing Dead or Alive 3 my standards have suddenly raised, or maybe its just not my thing anymore.

I have recently stopped playing games like I used to and apart from Skies of Arcadia I haven't played on my Cube or Xbox for weeks.

I am going through the mission mode with 'Maxx' at the moment and I am already a little bored of doing the same moves over and over. I have clocked in excess of 100 hours on Dead or Alive 3 in the Survival mode and I think its put me off fighting games for life :) I used to get quite a thrill from playing fighting games but now I just seem to do one battle and turn them off because the repetitive nature has already started to annoy me.

I will continue to play it further as from what I have read it is supposed to be the best fighting game ever. I couldn't believe the fact that Gamespot had given a perfect 10! Normally they mark half decent games in the 6-7/10 region. There must be something here worth playing for and I guess posting on here isn't going to help me find the game hidden within.

Back I go for another blast...
Tue 15/07/03 at 01:46
Regular
I have SC II Cube.

It's like DOA3 but better.

It does have less moves though.
Tue 15/07/03 at 02:47
Regular
"8==="
Buffy might be a nice change if you're bored of traditional fighters.
Tue 15/07/03 at 12:57
Regular
I will get Soul Calibur 2 but the only real one I am interested in this year is Dead or Alive Code Cronus which I know will be fantastic.

I have completed Buffy and I enjoyed it. Not sure if I would purchase it though because I can't see there being replay value.
Tue 15/07/03 at 16:27
Regular
"8==="
Buffy 2 soon. :)
Tue 15/07/03 at 19:45
Regular
I didn't like Buffy that much. It was alright, but not great.
Thu 17/07/03 at 01:12
Regular
"8==="
I got it on the 2 for 26 quid thing at HMV. I get a lot of my average games like that which is why I'm so pleased with the little blighters. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.