GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got banned."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/08/03 at 00:21
Regular
I got banned from playing Operation Flashpoint with people, apparently, I'm too good for them all, or something.
Ah but seriously, the second time I go online to play it, and every time I try to connect it says "U cheat u get = banned" I wouldn't mind if this message was written by someone who wasn't a spastic, but there you go.
Anyway, because this is a chat forum, I will pose the question "Have any of you ever been banned from a game?"

End.
Tue 12/08/03 at 20:01
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
MJswerve wrote:
> Kiriyama wrote:
> I get kicked off of Tactical Ops all the time for
> "cheating". They insist I had a No Recoil hack...
>
> I'm sure it was only TOST insisting this :p

Indeed. I still refute it to this day. I wasn't using a *NO RECOIL* hack :P
Tue 12/08/03 at 19:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Indeed, TKers as they are often referred to are bloody annoying, not the accidental ones though, a quick "sorry" and all is forgiven, but those who Team Kill on purpose can be bloody annoying.

I still don't think they are as bad as some gamers though, especially the serious ones. I'm fed up of seeing messeges pop up like "EVEN THE TEAMS FFS", "STOP CAMPING", "****ING SNIPERS" and the stupidest comment of the lot "MY TEAM IS FULL OF N00BS". I get annoyed sometimes, but then I always remeber it's only a game, I'm there to have fun not to stress out at complete strangers because I got fragged a couple of times.
Tue 12/08/03 at 18:46
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Yeah, you've got to watch out for some people, there are always some
> who take online gaming way too seriously.

then there are always some who have a right to be so. if a moron keeps 'accidentally' fragging his team-mates, one of two things might happen;

1) the other members may shoot the offender to give what they take.

2) The offender gets booted, good and proper, 3 1/2 inches up the rectum with a steel toe-cap stiletto.

i'm partial to the latter. makes me tingle.
Tue 12/08/03 at 18:12
Regular
Kiriyama wrote:
> I get kicked off of Tactical Ops all the time for
> "cheating". They insist I had a No Recoil hack...

I'm sure it was only TOST insisting this :p
Tue 12/08/03 at 10:41
Regular
Gamespy always makes my ping higher than it should be, load of rubbish.
Mon 11/08/03 at 16:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Lipe wrote:
> TBH, Gamespy isn't that good, at least for counter-strike. HLSW is
> much better.

Gamespy is a bit naff, and I usually only stick with in game server browsers to launch online games, but for games like OP Flashpoint I think you need programs like gamespy to play online, which sucks in my opinion.
Mon 11/08/03 at 15:16
Regular
I have broadband, but my compuer is messed up so i will not be able to play it for a while!!!!!!!!!!
Mon 11/08/03 at 14:04
Regular
TBH, Gamespy isn't that good, at least for counter-strike. HLSW is much better.
Mon 11/08/03 at 14:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Quazimodo wrote:
> Where do i go to play them?

You can try programs like gamespy which you have to download, thay give you the lists of servers that you can play on for what ever game you may have installed, and you can launch whatever multiplayer game from there.

I recommend though you just join a server through your game. Just start up which ever game it is you want to play online (providing it supports online play, and isn't just a single player) then when you get to the menue screen click on Multiplayer.

From there you can choose a variaty of options, but all you really need to do is update the server list which should get you the list of all servers currently up and running. From there you can choose either one of these servers and join then at will providing they aren't full.
Mon 11/08/03 at 11:27
Regular
Then look for servers for those games. Search on google for something like: counter-strike servers

And away u go!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.