GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More being gay by Ninty Europe (over Advance Wars 2)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising'.
Mon 04/08/03 at 11:44
Regular
Copied and pasted from cube-europe.com

Nintendo of Europe don't want you to import Advance Wars 2.
Nintendo of Europe have warned retailers of possible legal action if they sell the Game Boy Advance game, Advance Wars 2. The game was released in America in June and is proving to be a huge hit.

Earlier in the year Nintendo of Europe did the same with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, which were released in Europe recently. Nintendo are claiming that the sales of these games are proving that this approach can work.

Nintendo UK's general manager Andy Williams told MVC "The first day sales of Pokemon prove that not letting the situation spiral out of control pays off,"

Advance Wars 2 may not be hitting European shores until autumn but fans of the game are too eager to get their hands on the game, which has been selling in America since late June.

"If importing is left alone it could spiral out of control and harm sales," Andy Williams said. "As well as having a knock-on effect on the European launch, it harms legitimate sales for retailers who are abiding by the rules."
Mon 04/08/03 at 11:44
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Copied and pasted from cube-europe.com

Nintendo of Europe don't want you to import Advance Wars 2.
Nintendo of Europe have warned retailers of possible legal action if they sell the Game Boy Advance game, Advance Wars 2. The game was released in America in June and is proving to be a huge hit.

Earlier in the year Nintendo of Europe did the same with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, which were released in Europe recently. Nintendo are claiming that the sales of these games are proving that this approach can work.

Nintendo UK's general manager Andy Williams told MVC "The first day sales of Pokemon prove that not letting the situation spiral out of control pays off,"

Advance Wars 2 may not be hitting European shores until autumn but fans of the game are too eager to get their hands on the game, which has been selling in America since late June.

"If importing is left alone it could spiral out of control and harm sales," Andy Williams said. "As well as having a knock-on effect on the European launch, it harms legitimate sales for retailers who are abiding by the rules."
Mon 04/08/03 at 11:45
Regular
Andy Williams can lick the balls.
Mon 04/08/03 at 11:47
Regular
Nintendo can feck off if they stop anymore things like this happening.

Jeez. The company is run by constipated leper monkeys.
Mon 04/08/03 at 11:48
Regular
start*
Mon 04/08/03 at 11:49
Regular
Nintendo are still getting the same amount of money, so why should they care?
Mon 04/08/03 at 12:30
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I'm really pleased Nintendo Of Europe are getting worried about their sales in Europe, the more we import games perhaps the more they will realise that their release dates, promotion etc.. Is complete cr*pness in this country etc.. and they will finally do something about it. Do they think we're thick, who would wait for a game that plays on UK GBA SP without modification etc.. from a June release and wait until Autumn?? People would just buy the USA version! Sorry Nintendo but as a business i think your loosing the plot and by the looks of things alot of customers at the same time! :)
Mon 04/08/03 at 15:00
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
The amusingly ironic thing is, that directly above the link to the 'anti-import' story on the C-E homepage, it says..."sponsered by Lik-sang for quality, cheap imports" Beautiful!!
Mon 04/08/03 at 17:23
Regular
Think of it from Nintendo's point of view.

If everyone imports it then no-one will be buying it from UK shops, if these shops keep getting low sales they will stop stocking Nintendo products.

So unless you want more high street retailers to stop selling Gamecube's I suggest you stop running your mouth and try your brain for once.

Nintendo have many games that sell shed loads, and they need people in the UK to buy the UK versions so they will top the charts here, which helps as a defence against the cynical retailers who are thinking that Nintendo stuff doesn't sell well enough to keep stocking.
Mon 04/08/03 at 17:34
Regular
"uncopyable"
Got Advanced Wars 2 a couple of weeks back, along with a load of other GBA games, and i must say its well worth the wait - however long it may be.

*has a laugh at people who don't import. ;-)
Mon 04/08/03 at 18:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
*waves Whitestripes flag*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.