GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm almost ashamed to say this..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/08/03 at 11:44
Regular
Yesterday, I want into stockport town centre and bought Wreckless and Wrestlemania.

No, no, that isn't what I'm afraid to admit, although it IS a crime in itself.

I'm actually enjoying them both.

Wrestlemania is a little Smackdown clone, which is more than what I exected for £4, and I've certainly enjoy smacking those sweaty men around the ring so far.

And Wreckless? It's unreponsive, got missions ranging from easy to impossible (without a bit of luck) and is far more enjoyable than the original Burnout.

For £9, though, it can't be bad.

I won't give you the retailer, as Snuggly will hyperventilate and ban me, but you can surely guess.
Wed 13/08/03 at 22:52
Regular
Mess wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
> Wrestling is for gayboys who like to rub themselves up against other
> men.
>
> Oh, and it's all fake.
>
> fake homosexuality? Sounds like Friday night channel 5 to me.

I don't know what channel 5 you watch, but the one I watch consists of lesbians. YEY!
Wed 13/08/03 at 22:44
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Wrestling is for gayboys who like to rub themselves up against other
> men.
>
> Oh, and it's all fake.

fake homosexuality? Sounds like Friday night channel 5 to me.
Wed 13/08/03 at 22:30
Regular
I was going to get wreckless last week, but I chose Smuggler's Run instead. I've had Wrestlemania from release and I still play it. I think it's better than the Smackdown series. You feel more freedom on the game and the Hell in a Cell can't be beaten.
Wed 13/08/03 at 22:28
Regular
Tribute wrote:
> Belldandy wrote:
> Hang on Edgy, when EB went from the UK market GAME took over nearly
> all their stores, and GAME can't hav just been using hte EB name as
> many places had both an EB and GAME...
>
> He's right, you know.

Cardiff had two EB stores and one Game store. They both sold DVD racks which held 15 games/DVDs. On those were printed Electronic's Boutique or Game depending on where they were bought. The pictures on the packaging were exactly the same, as were the products.

When I joined the company in October 2002 on temporary employment, I had to fill out a 'New Starters' form. On it was a question, "Which brand?" to say which 'name' I'm working for, and had the choice of EB and Game.

They were the same company, Game Group (though they called themselves EB Group in the past) - they just dumped the American name.
Wed 13/08/03 at 20:10
Regular
Tribute wrote:
>>
> And since when did Amazon have high street stores?
It's an internet high street store. Duuuh
Wed 13/08/03 at 16:12
Regular
"Festivus!"
Belldandy wrote:
> Hang on Edgy, when EB went from the UK market GAME took over nearly
> all their stores, and GAME can't hav just been using hte EB name as
> many places had both an EB and GAME...

He's right, you know.
Wed 13/08/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Hang on Edgy, when EB went from the UK market GAME took over nearly all their stores, and GAME can't hav just been using hte EB name as many places had both an EB and GAME...
Wed 13/08/03 at 15:22
Regular
Tribute wrote:
> It was GAME, Mystique.
>
> Electronics Boutique is now owned by Game (or rather they merged)

Incorrectomondo.

EB was part of Game in the UK anyway - the only difference being the name itself. Game were paying Electronic's Boutique in the US of A for the name, but Game decided that their own name was selling better in the UK.
Wed 13/08/03 at 12:46
Regular
"Festivus!"
I'm getting more and more into WX8, however much of a Smackdown clone it is.

I'm always the rock.

With anyone else it just isn't cricket
Wed 13/08/03 at 12:36
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
can't go wrong for £9, probably get more for them on ebay next week ....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.