GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Knights of tha Old Skool"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Thu 14/08/03 at 21:57
Regular
Or old republic if you like. I can't wait to receive my copy. I got morrowind last time, and didn't really get into it at all. That's partially my fault for not putting much effort in, but I got kinda bored walking from place to place doing nowt in particular. The word that springs to mind is tiltawhirls 'beardy' comment. I don't dislike it, and will eventually give it a proper go, but for now, it stays on the shelf.

But star wars is a whole other ball game, I'm a massive fan of anything to do with being from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

I envisage greatness, sleepless nights, and VVVWING - VVVWING - *crackling sound*

(hey, that's not how you VVVWING you foolish person)

anyway, looks jolly good, anyone else indulging in a little KOTOR ?
Thu 14/08/03 at 21:57
Regular
Or old republic if you like. I can't wait to receive my copy. I got morrowind last time, and didn't really get into it at all. That's partially my fault for not putting much effort in, but I got kinda bored walking from place to place doing nowt in particular. The word that springs to mind is tiltawhirls 'beardy' comment. I don't dislike it, and will eventually give it a proper go, but for now, it stays on the shelf.

But star wars is a whole other ball game, I'm a massive fan of anything to do with being from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

I envisage greatness, sleepless nights, and VVVWING - VVVWING - *crackling sound*

(hey, that's not how you VVVWING you foolish person)

anyway, looks jolly good, anyone else indulging in a little KOTOR ?
Thu 14/08/03 at 22:00
Regular
I'm still not convinced by this, i'll get it at some point though.

Jedi Academy on other hand looks the mutts nuts.
Thu 14/08/03 at 22:02
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Jedi Academy on other hand looks the mutts nuts.

*nods vigorously*

yeah, I have jedi knight 2 on PC and it's great. the saber battles are top notch, I must admit I didn't think they'd pull them off properly.

shud bee gud
Thu 14/08/03 at 22:06
Regular
if you have jedi outcast by the way, there are some codes you can add into the console menu to spawn good and bad guys, then have massive saber wars.

you've probably already tried it, but if not, it's wicked.

try spawning a luke skywalker, a handful of jedi's, and fight against some dark jedi guys and desann.

gaming brilliance.
Thu 14/08/03 at 22:08
Regular
"Remember me?"
*thinks how funny it would be to have a light sabre for a (whistle)*
Thu 14/08/03 at 22:10
Regular
what happens if you were a jedi, and you were running, and you accidentally switched on your sabre, and it chopped off your manhood?

would you old man disappear, and become 'more powerful than you can possibly imagine'?

:D
Thu 14/08/03 at 22:17
Regular
"Remember me?"
Laser Eye Surgery.

Luke - "OK, Miss, I'm just going to make a small incision..."

Jedi Master Guy - "Luke! Use the Force™"

Luke - "Really? 'Cos I was just gonna, y'know, do it the normal..."

Jedi Master Guy - "Just use the Force, Luke."

*Luke uses the Force™ and inserts the light sabre in-between the woman's eyes; killing her*

Luke - "Oh great! Happy now?"

Jedi Master Guy - "I've never been happy."
Thu 14/08/03 at 22:41
Regular
the trademark is a nice touch.

"GIVE YOURSELF TO THE DARK SIDE!!!"
"NEVER"
*gets arm chopped off*
"That was my wa*king hand you git"
Sat 16/08/03 at 20:12
Regular
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> Laser Eye Surgery.
>
> Luke - "OK, Miss, I'm just going to make a small
> incision..."
>
> Jedi Master Guy - "Luke! Use the Force™"
>
> Luke - "Really? 'Cos I was just gonna, y'know, do it the
> normal..."
>
> Jedi Master Guy - "Just use the Force, Luke."
>
> *Luke uses the Force™ and inserts the light sabre in-between the
> woman's eyes; killing her*
>
> Luke - "Oh great! Happy now?"
>
> Jedi Master Guy - "I've never been happy."

Great, but you stole it from Family Guy season 2.

BUSTED!

Ahem. Sorry.
Sat 16/08/03 at 22:44
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I'm still not convinced by this, i'll get it at some point though.
>
> Jedi Academy on other hand looks the mutts nuts.

Academy is pretty cool. Dual light sabers look cool, personnally I like Purple and Orange. The double ended light saber is also cool. The single player looks cool as you get to ride on those creatures from Hoth in the 2nd film, even though at the moment they hover instead of run :).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.