GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another 'Who should I vote for?' thing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/04/10 at 12:16
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
This time from the Telegraph.

LINKY

Always interesting seeing these things as, should I choose to vote, my support is still fairly split.

According to this I'm all about Conservatives and UKIP with a (un)healthy chunk of BNP thrown in for good measure. Can't say I've decided who I'm voting for yet, but it killed some time and gave me an idea where I stand compared to the parties.
Wed 28/04/10 at 21:14
Regular
pb wrote:
> Nice find YH, was quite interesting, though I still think that
> forms too much of a snapshot.

On some of the sections, it turns out I picked BNP - and it wasn't even the most extreme option.

I'd never ever vote BNP of course, but it's certainly interesting to see who's policies you pick when you don't know where they've come from.

As for the TV debates, I've only seen the first one so far (got the second recorded) and it didn't really show me anything you don't get from the news - none of them answered a question directly, or said anyhting other than the party line.

I'm curious to see how this weeks one turns out - I understand the topic is the economy. I'm expecting them all to hide behind "efficiency savings" - despite the Institute for Fiscals Studies report that they released a day or so back.

Whoever get's in has to make major major cuts, but none of them are going to say it. When Cameron mentioned an Parliament of austerity a month or so back, Tory ratings dropped.

The public workers and benefit receivers are now such a a large part of the voting public (seeing as both have grown ridiculously since Labour came to power) that if one party says they're going to cut down on either public spending or benefits, those people who will lose out will simply vote for someone else.
Wed 28/04/10 at 19:30
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
LukeM wrote:
> OT: I would argue he wasn't fictional, albeit the records of his
> life (in the Bible) are probably fictional... there are records
> of his death by crucifixion which are accurate and trust worthy
> enough.
> Historical
> Jesus

Bigot
Wed 28/04/10 at 17:47
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Butch wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Jesus would get turned away at Calais.
>
> Despite being a fictional character, I think being a trained
> carpenter would give him enough 'points' at immigration for him
> to be allowed in. Needed skill sets and all that.

OT: I would argue he wasn't fictional, albeit the records of his life (in the Bible) are probably fictional... there are records of his death by crucifixion which are accurate and trust worthy enough. Historical Jesus.
Wed 28/04/10 at 16:30
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hedfix wrote:

Despite being a fictional character, I think being a trained carpenter would give him enough 'points' at immigration for him to be allowed in. Needed skill sets and all that.
Wed 28/04/10 at 14:16
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
pb wrote:
> I still think it would be better if they held leadership
> elections AFTER the general election and people were encouraged
> to vote for the party as a whole.

I kind of agree actually. I mean it is essentially how our system should be working. Yet these days we seem to be pretending we have a president and that we're really voting for a leader and not the party as a whole. Thus I'm not convinced these TV debates are a positive thing.
Wed 28/04/10 at 13:57
"possibly impossible"
Nice find YH, was quite interesting, though I still think that forms too much of a snapshot.

my results were 50% LibDem and 25% the other main parties

I still think it would be better if they held leadership elections AFTER the general election and people were encouraged to vote for the party as a whole.
Wed 28/04/10 at 13:01
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Hedfix wrote:
> LukeM wrote:
>
> I say welcome everyone! What would Jesus do? (lol)
>

LOL
Wed 28/04/10 at 12:44
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Not for the better anyway.

Speaking of which there is a field I drive past/through on my way to work everyday with a large Conservative sign right by the road. Somebody has helpfully scrawled the word 'HELP', with a sad face, across it, made me chuckle.
Wed 28/04/10 at 08:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
Quite a few of my neighbours have erected signs in their gardens,Vote Labour,Lib Dem etc.Not sure what the point of this is TBH ?.I can't imagine many people's voting decisions have ever been influenced after seeing a sign in someone's garden ? :S
Sat 24/04/10 at 01:45
Regular
Have a look at this: http://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

Uses actual policies - you pick the ones you agree with most and then find out when you'e finished which party they belong too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.