GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-Zero GX= Miles to Hard....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Mon 25/08/03 at 16:50
Regular
I've had F-Zero GX just over a month now and can easily say it's one of the best Gamecube games with Mario, Zelda and Metroid. However there is a problem what has now just shown (i left it a month of playing to make sure my opinion was valid) it's miles to hard! We're talking double the hardness of for example Phazon Mines on Metroid Prime or even the Mario Sunshine old-school levels! I'm really enjoying it and understand that games have to be difficult so it has alot of replay value, but it's stupidly hard on some of the story levels, and don't get me even started on the Diamond Cup!

I thought i'll tell you this just incase some people hate really difficult games (as the USA version is out Friday) and for those who love difficult games! Yes you could say i'm a cr*p player but even i can tell when a game is too difficult! Hope this helps you out with your final decision on buying it, if you like hard games and have alot of patient's then go for it, it's superb. Otherwise be ready for an insanely difficult game on even 'Standard' play..... :)
Sat 30/08/03 at 18:39
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Got it.

And yes, it is difficult. Much more difficult than F-Zero X was.

But it's great fun.
Sat 30/08/03 at 18:22
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
> It's miles to the city too.
>
> Someone will understand this eventually.
>
> ---
>
> I understood it. Just chose not to reply as he'd probably suss it out
> and "leave" again.

Leave again over that? No-Way!

Anyway i thought that the Mario 'OLD SCHOOL' levels were hard but that was my opinion and perhaps your better at Mario then me?

the new CUBE magazine backs up my point that F-Zero GX is very hard, so it's not just me! You will enjoy it though!

If anyone on here has it do you know how to get the Nintendo/Sega official emblems for your customize cart? Thanks... :)
Tue 26/08/03 at 18:10
Regular
But subtlety means that idiots such as Robin (Thank the lord he doesn't post here) would be unable to realise that. Mind you, I doubt he'd work out mineeither.
Tue 26/08/03 at 17:12
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
But with my way I got to include the correction subtly in the post.
Tue 26/08/03 at 17:09
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
>

HA! I thought of that before you posted it kinda. But I was just going to ask him where "Hard" was. Bah to you.
Tue 26/08/03 at 16:20
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Whens the Uk version out?
Tue 26/08/03 at 16:04
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
bah to you
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
>

---

I understood it. Just chose not to reply as he'd probably suss it out and "leave" again.
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:47
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The old skool levels were the best part of the game, not hard though,
> just challenging at times.

Agree.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:56
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Also if you want uncontrollable speed, dig out a copy of Hi-Octane for the PC. It's an old Bullfrog racer that isn't speed limited (i.e. the faster your PC runs, the faster the game runs) that was designed for 200Mhz machines. Play it on a 2Ghz machine with all the details off and you'll be doing about 5 miles every second. Not so good for the twisty-turny tracks :O/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.