GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Future EyeToy Bilge?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/03 at 07:04
Regular
Yay. A chance to get summit for my PS2.
An EyeToy is slowly weaving its way through the postal system and in my direction.
Yay. It can keep GTA VC company in my slightly thin ps2 'collection' :^)

But I'm not so well informed of Sony's goings-on. What'll be the future for the eyetoy? Any more promising games announced?
I heard it'd feature in the next Tonty Hawk's, but is there anything else to look forward to?

While we're here, very best ever ps2 games you can think of for me to buy.
Only the really good ones, as cash is a tad tight these days.

Failing good games, I've been looking at cheap ones:
Silent Hill 2, Shadowman 2, The Thing and International Cue Club
all caught my eye in a certain company's 2 for £20 promotion. Any thoughts on those?
Tue 26/08/03 at 07:04
Regular
Yay. A chance to get summit for my PS2.
An EyeToy is slowly weaving its way through the postal system and in my direction.
Yay. It can keep GTA VC company in my slightly thin ps2 'collection' :^)

But I'm not so well informed of Sony's goings-on. What'll be the future for the eyetoy? Any more promising games announced?
I heard it'd feature in the next Tonty Hawk's, but is there anything else to look forward to?

While we're here, very best ever ps2 games you can think of for me to buy.
Only the really good ones, as cash is a tad tight these days.

Failing good games, I've been looking at cheap ones:
Silent Hill 2, Shadowman 2, The Thing and International Cue Club
all caught my eye in a certain company's 2 for £20 promotion. Any thoughts on those?
Tue 26/08/03 at 09:13
Regular
"The Red Shift"
more mini games coming out this chrissie for the eye toy. unfortunately there seems to be a lack of games using the eye toy, but im sure there will be some using it soon.

as for good games look at

pro evo 2+ soon coming 3
timesplitters 1+2
soon coming new tony hawks
true crime
Tue 26/08/03 at 10:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Dr Duck wrote:
> What'll be the future for the eyetoy?

There's a few possibilities:

1) When you're playing FIFA 2008 the mid-fielder for Man Utd will look suspiciously like yourself, courtesy of the EyeToy.

2) Think MSN Messenger, but with video, via PS2, to allow you to meet other gamers online and chat to them.

3) Think of games like Frequency. You could have yourself as the Freq, as well as use your hands to catch the notes as they travel towards you.

I think the future will be more offline than online though, as the last time videogames and cameras went public was when Midway trialled a scheme whereby a player who got a hi-score on one of their arcade machines could have their picture taken by a small camera mounted on the machine's casing, and their digitised face would appear next to their hi-score on the video game's screen.

That was back in 1980. The trial lasted 2 days. First day was fine, the second day someone dropped their pants in front of the camera and Midway decided not to go ahead with the project.
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:35
I would have chose SOS Escape and Freak out for the 2 for £20 thingy, but SOS is sold out now. Is Galerians any good?
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:43
Regular
3 words...

D M C
E A R
V Y Y
I
L

:)

Picked it up again today and its by far my favourite PS2 game and one of the masterpieces of recent years. Fast, furious action and a decent story.
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:49
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> pro evo 2+ soon coming 3
> timesplitters 1+2
> soon coming new tony hawks
> true crime

You aren't very good at advertising the PS2 are you?

Timesplitters is piece poor and the second one (although a shocking single player game) is multi platform. Tony Hawks are multi format and so is True Crimes.

Why do people list multi format games when trying to convince someone about a console? I don't count PC games in this so something like Half Life or Deus EX is worthy of a mention. Its exclusives that sell consoles and with games like Tenchu 3 (On Xbox in March but exclusive for now), Tekken 4, Devil May Cry, both GTA games, Smackdown 4, Victorious Boxers, Jak and Daxter amongst others are what the PS2 should be praised under and not some shoddy movie tie ins or less than average multi format titles.
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:52
Not to mention the integrated DVD playback.
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:55
Regular
Icarus wrote:
> Not to mention the integrated DVD playback.

The less said about that the better :)

Much wiser to get a standalone DVD player unless you aren't fussed about the quality. Although buying a DVD suggests to me that you would prefer the sharper images anyway.

Its a selling point from some people's point of view but from mine its a waste.
Tue 26/08/03 at 16:42
As a student, it's functional and convenient, so I'm not fussed.

Having said that, I do hate having to listen to a fan everytime a watch a DVD.
Wed 27/08/03 at 09:39
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Icarus wrote:
> Is Galerians any good?

Noooooooo!! I recall it got about 2/10. Don't buy it!

FreakOut looks interesting though......

I got myself Rez and WipeOut Fusion on the same deal and am feeling particularly pleased with myself!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.