GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Cache code"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/03/07 at 08:56
Regular
"just asking"
Hi everyone,

I have been using a website I made for some time and I thought I had a code in the page that stopped the search engine's listing the site. As I have added downloads to the site, I can find the download on a search engine. It finds what's on the spreadsheet.

Do I need to put the code on the spreadsheet too?

Thanks in advance for any help available.

Regards

Simon
Thu 15/03/07 at 19:46
Regular
"just asking"
Hi,

yes, that is a big help.

Thank you for a very clear explanation of this, I am most grateful of your time and assistance.

Thank you.

regards

Simon
Thu 15/03/07 at 09:15
Regular
"incognito"
I don't think you can place on a spreadsheet itself, only on an actual webpage.

What you should do is put NOINDEX,NOFOLLOW on ANY page linking to the spreadsheet instead of NOINDEX,FOLLOW:

This means that the search engine is instructed to not even look at the spreadsheet because it's not allowed to follow the link to it.

For anyone who only wants to block access to one particular link on a page, you can put the NOFOLLOW attribute in the link itself:

Link

Hope this helps.
Thu 15/03/07 at 08:36
Regular
"just asking"
Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Google has it listed.

loki wrote:
> What code did you put on the page? And which search engine has
> indexed it?
> The code I found on the net was:

> You should be fine as long as every page that links to your file
> are set to be blocked from indexing.

Can you explain the "Blocked from indexing" or did you mean by using the code?

Thanks
Simon
Wed 14/03/07 at 10:11
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
What code did you put on the page? And which search engine has indexed it?

You should be fine as long as every page that links to your file are set to be blocked from indexing.
Wed 14/03/07 at 08:56
Regular
"just asking"
Hi everyone,

I have been using a website I made for some time and I thought I had a code in the page that stopped the search engine's listing the site. As I have added downloads to the site, I can find the download on a search engine. It finds what's on the spreadsheet.

Do I need to put the code on the spreadsheet too?

Thanks in advance for any help available.

Regards

Simon

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.