GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube = Pile of pants?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/09/01 at 13:52
Regular
Now, before I start I'd just like to say that I am a PS2 owner so I am extremely biased in every possible way. This doesn't matter though.

I just the latest CVG (issue 239, October) and the cover feature is about the GameCube. How exciting. 10 whole pages dedicated to it. And I knew very little about Nintendo's new console so I read it and I am shocked by the overall shoddiness.

ATTENTION: ONLY CHILDREN UNDER 5 SHOULD BUY GAMECUBE!

Out of the twenty or so launch games, over half feature cutesy little animal characters and/or garish cartoony graphics. Pikmin? Super Monkey Ball? What the hell are they? They even made Zelda in to a cartoon! For a super powerful console, 2D graphics are not acceptable even if they ARE 3D but just look 2D.

And to make it even worse, hardly any of the games are original. There's the usual Mario/Luigi nonsense, Zelda, Star Fox, Bomberman (which I admit is cool), Fifa (obviously), Super Smash Bros and loads of other games which feature numbers at the end of their names. I'm not going to complain much because a lot of the best games on PS2 are sequels too.

And...oh god I can't even bear to say it...there's bound to be Pokemon. NO! Or, rather there will be Gamecube versions of Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Green, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Platinum, Titanium, Aluminium, Cardboard and MDF.

But that's the end of my little rant. If you really like cartoony characters running around doing puzzles and stuff then I hope you enjoy your new GameCube. I'll just be driving on GT3, shooting stuff in Red Faction, slaughtering zombies on Code Veronica and couting the days until Metal Gear Solid 2.

That's it...
Fri 28/09/01 at 23:29
Regular
People who watch DBZ are weird?

In that case, I'm weird and proud of it!

WEIRDO'S RULE!

:-D
Fri 28/09/01 at 23:24
Regular
Johntrax wrote:
> Im not wired I just whatch Dragon Ball Z.

Your not wired?

If you call watching Dragon Ball Z not weird then I don't know what is. Weird scary animated people with really big eyes AHHHHHHHH it gives me the heeby jeebies, hmmmmmm ignore that last bit.
Fri 28/09/01 at 23:22
Regular
Super Gohan wrote:
> Kids are going to see six Pokemon games on the shelves, and because of the fact
> that they are all Pokemon games, they will want them all.

davebeech wrote:

Yesterday at 1.12PM That's alright, but i don't think it says anywhere that you shouldn't buy them all (if it does, it's in microscopic writing) so kids are going to want all six aren't they?

Well every magazine and review says it and it also says so in the instructions.
Basically, it was an original and clever idea, forcing people to trade with others to "catch them all!".

The fact that some people went over the top and bought all 6, well that's their problem.
Some people bought Resident Evil directors cut, despite it being a simple re release of Resident Evil with a few bit added in.

I don't think that people should slate Pokemon for it though.
Fri 28/09/01 at 23:22
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Pokemon...Please...not again....
Fri 28/09/01 at 23:21
Im not wired I just whatch Dragon Ball Z.
Fri 28/09/01 at 23:11
Regular
Johntrax me is thinking you is rather weird.
Fri 28/09/01 at 22:54
Gohan your a... a... amazing!!!!
Thu 27/09/01 at 18:21
I have all of the games and its better to have them all because you dont have to trade with any one.

You only need to hit him a fuw times and Cells down Gohan.
Thu 27/09/01 at 13:15
Kids are going to see six Pokemon games on the shelves, and because of the fact that they are all Pokemon games, they will want them all.
Thu 27/09/01 at 13:12
"shut it you tart"
That's alright, but i don't think it says anywhere that you shouldn't buy them all (if it does, it's in microscopic writing) so kids are going to want all six aren't they?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.