GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2 release date announced"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Thu 04/09/03 at 09:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Take Two announce a date of Oct 15th for Max Payne 2.

*rubs hands*
Oh yes, come to Goatboy.
Wed 10/09/03 at 13:06
Regular
As long as well, if they do the 'Max is a bit dozed and dreams about his house' they do it without that maze that played like Little Big Adventure.

Make him walk on the walls and celing or something, that'd be more fun.
Sun 07/09/03 at 15:42
Regular
looked at the screenshots, they look delish, although max seems to have aged a lot from the first one. he looks a bit of an old codger, as opposed to his 'thuggish' looks which gave him such a distinct character.

shud be good though
Sat 06/09/03 at 19:21
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> I remember when the 1st came out, I saw no reviews or anything. Just
> saw it on the shelf and thought "That looks alright"
> And to this day it's one of the best action-games I've played.
> Something about leaping into a room with duel-Ingrams blasting in
> bullet-time, flipping onto your back still shooting, taking down 5
> NPCs and exiting the move with a roll. Slam the empty mags on the
> floor and off you go.
> Superb game.

me too, it didn't seem to receive much hype at all when it was released. I borrowed it off a friend, and loved it so much I bought my own.

It's one of the most polished and fun shooters ever, the comic book storyline is top notch, and the action is pretty much unbeatable.

when mp2 is released I will be clicking 'confirm order' I think.
Fri 05/09/03 at 23:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
mikelar wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> 40 hours! so four times as big as the original
>
> the quote says it WON'T be something like 40 hours, just longer than
> the original.

Either way it's good. I played the original one through at least five times so even if Max Payne 2 is only longer by an hours worth, I'll probably still go back to it. I just want to experience more bullet time ridden carnage again since I wasn't overly impressed with that Matrix game.
Fri 05/09/03 at 14:04
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Ah, gotcha.
>
> Personally I cant stand online gaming, and I liked Payne because it's
> one of the best single player games out there.
> It was about atmosphere, attitude and style. You couldn't have bullet
> time online, because everyone would be using it and you couldn't
> display the effects on someone else's computer if you used it.
>
> They're not doing any sort of multiplayer componentry with Max Payne
> 2, and I'm happy with that.
> Each to their own though

Theres too many online only based shooters which is VERY annoying, i enjoy Half life like Single player games and not Battlefield 1942 with stupid bots but for once i want a MIX of them and don't tell me MOHAA was one of them because its too short!
Fri 05/09/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Selected"
cipro wrote:
> 40 hours! so four times as big as the original

the quote says it WON'T be something like 40 hours, just longer than the original.

The rag doll physics will be cool - smashing a door down then leaping in forwards in bullet time whilst blasting someone backwards against a wall/through a window (hopefully) - its gonna rawk!
Fri 05/09/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ah, gotcha.

Personally I cant stand online gaming, and I liked Payne because it's one of the best single player games out there.
It was about atmosphere, attitude and style. You couldn't have bullet time online, because everyone would be using it and you couldn't display the effects on someone else's computer if you used it.

They're not doing any sort of multiplayer componentry with Max Payne 2, and I'm happy with that.
Each to their own though
Fri 05/09/03 at 13:48
Regular
Ooops what I was meant to say is shooting games on the pc.
Fri 05/09/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's not an first person shooter though.
Fri 05/09/03 at 13:35
Regular
The first was alright but a first person shooter really needs a good single player and good net gaming to make it last.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.