GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Question. :)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/09/03 at 01:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
Nature designed ‘play’ to help both males and females survive. In order to get us to play, nature makes it a pleasant experience. The majority of women find play and pleasure in babies, shopping bargains and clothes. The majority of men find play and pleasure in sex, gaming and sport.

Can this be changed, or is it just part of life?
Mon 08/09/03 at 01:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
Nature designed ‘play’ to help both males and females survive. In order to get us to play, nature makes it a pleasant experience. The majority of women find play and pleasure in babies, shopping bargains and clothes. The majority of men find play and pleasure in sex, gaming and sport.

Can this be changed, or is it just part of life?
Mon 08/09/03 at 01:15
"I love yo... lamp."
Must be changable. I like shopping. I know a fair few women who like sport. It all depends on the way you were brought up.
Mon 08/09/03 at 02:19
Regular
"8==="
I like be able to shop freely. I don't want to be dragged round shops. Not big on sport or babies.

Gaming is definately the best. :D
Sat 13/09/03 at 23:02
Regular
You copied my :) symbol
Sun 19/10/03 at 15:26
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Mutant_guy:) wrote:
> You copied my :) symbol

Everyone uses that as well as:
:)
:(
:P
:D
:<
:>
;)
')
'(
:S
and loads more...
Fri 24/10/03 at 14:56
Regular
I think it would be sexist to say that we can't like what is associated with the other gender, as (in shopping for example)some men may enjoy shopping, but for things like electrical goods.
I know women that like D.I.Y which is considered very exclusive to men, but you have only got to look at things like men with earings and ponytails to women who are gamers and enjoy sports to see that anything we do is changeable reall.
I suppose it depends on if that person is a "sheep" or if they like to be different. It all depends on the individual in question wanting to break the mould a little bit and live life differently.
I see no reason why women could not like for example, sport. They can learn the rules just as well as men and those who are thicker set can do things like tackling in Rugby. The reason why it can be interchangeable is because men that are frailer than other men may not like sports and it must be the same for women/men wishing to participate in things associated with the other sex. I suppose the classic example is about a hundred years ago it would have seen stupid for women to be able to vote, which compares to the modern day example of women liking sports.
In this day and age society is obsessed with rights for both genders, so it seems very feasable that man/women are able to do this. It may depend on if you had an upbringing of say a single parent (of the appropriate gender to like that thing, e.g your a girl brought up by your dad who likes sport)
After all many men like shopping as they find it "relaxing" and there is no way that this is strange, simply because there shouldn't be any typical attributes of the man and women, equally these views conflict slightly with the ethical debates about is it right for men/women to change there reproductive organs, but equally this is another debate again and I shall not cover it.
So my overall view would be yes as it all really depends on the originality/ personality of the person or people in qusetion and in, say, another hundred years from now there will be another thing considered manly/womanish and then hundreds of years on from that it being abolished altogether. But none of us will see that day unless cryogenic freezing becomes readily available or there is an afterlife, but I won't ramble as that is another topic altogether.

Hope this helps.

Handy Man
Tue 28/10/03 at 00:47
Regular
my passions are martial arts, fitness in general, drinking, smoking, computer games, cars, films and music.

several of them conflict which is a pain in the ass - you have to sacrifice one for the other, that's the kick in the pants that is life though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.