GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does Shaggy Deserve Much Credit?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/09/01 at 01:31
Regular
Back in the good old days when everyone was co-operative and everything was split down the middle, hang on this world never existed!!! It was all a dream. But anyway along came a man called Shaggy and I doubt that before 'It wasn't me' many of you would have heard of the old chap.

Since then he has come a long way (and some people might agree and others might not)he has done some decent tunes and is starting to get a repuation to be a bit of a prev in a way after all of this songs seem to have something to do with the 'ladies' involved in them.

But the point of this topic is what really does he do towards this great success? 'It wasn't me' sung mainly be Rik Roy and Shaggy having a small part of saying the long words of 'It wasn't me' and adding something to the chorus that none of us could understand anyway. Then there was 'Angel' which again had Rik Roy doing more then half the work.

So I am wondering if the pay was fairly split out? Was Rik Roy awarded more or less then the man who took all the credit for it? His name is the name that sold the singles and his name was the name on front of all the cd's and tapes. But what really had he done that was so special?

And from this topic it adds too the point of famous people. When acting in a film do they feel embarrassed by who they star as, and I don't mean being embarrassed by what they have to do. But being embarrassed by the person they star as, does it make them think what they could have done in their lives?

I am not saying an actor or actress is not a good job, Christ look at just how much they get paid, but think how they are donating to society? Do they donate to charities? Do they help people as part of their jobs? Do they actually do anything that mankind requires?

If you saw a Dr walking along the street would you ask for his autograph? I doubt it but these are the people that make the difference in life and that will always be the case. Thanks for reading and I'm sorry I went off topic, this wasn't carefully thought out as you might have assumed.
Sun 23/09/01 at 23:34
Regular
Beware the Toads wrote:
Testify!

thankyou
Sun 23/09/01 at 23:15
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Does Shaggy deserve credit? Are you mad!! Shaggy deserves something beyond credit.. perhaps a job in marketing.

Shaggy is the first man to have worked out how to successfully sell anything to kids and teens. I say anything because if he can get It wasn't me and Angel to number one, then that guy can sell ice to the eskimos. He is clearly a marketing guru.

Equally the guy has a great sense of making his job a challenge. As you say, the other bloke should be the only person on the record, but Shaggy, never one to make life too easy, adds a 'rap' which involves putting on the stupidest voice you can imagine and then saying a series of unconnected, incomprehensible words. The rap in It wasn't me is actually a recipe for a damn fine Chocolate fudge cake, while Angel has is a review of Hannibal. The man is plainly a genius. I don't care what anyone says. Shaggy deserves a knighthood.

I mean, take Hear'say. I reckon Shaggy was behind them. The band is full of his touches. Note the entirely unnecessary apostrophe in Hear'say. Note the ugly one, Don or Dennis or Danny or Denzil, or whatever his name is. Note the fact that none of them can actually sing or dance. Note the entire TV show where kids were told "This band is entirely made up and created by us - the corporate brain-washing kiddie-pop industry - we can show you how contrived your deified bands are and then still sell their records to you!! mwahahahaha!!" Hear'say was Shaggy's greatest achievement to date.

Give the guy the respect he deserves!!
Sun 23/09/01 at 22:52
Mystique wrote:

shaggy- crap
rappers- crap
r n b -crap
steps - crap
pop- crap crap
> crap

Testify!
Sun 23/09/01 at 20:03
Regular
Lol
Sun 23/09/01 at 20:02
Regular
oh like i give a toss what its classed as
Sun 23/09/01 at 15:08
Regular
Oh and Mysty im gonna be a complete git now, you say you hate pop music but you like Blink 182, as far as I know thats classed as pop music. Its in the Pop charts so its pop music, pop music is popular music e.g stuff thats in the charts.
Sun 23/09/01 at 14:58
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Oh, I hate pop/RNB. Horrible stuff. Metal is the best type (IMO).
Sun 23/09/01 at 13:30
Regular
Hip Hop/ Rap isn't pop music
Sun 23/09/01 at 13:28
Regular
no i wasnt
Sun 23/09/01 at 13:04
Regular
"Wasting away"
Mystique wrote:
> i hate pop music its for 11 year old girls who plaster thier walls with posters
> of eminem because "hes soooo fine"
and who think they actually have a
> chance with him..
like i said i HATE pop music it should burn in hell

ok
> then

shaggy- crap
rappers- crap
r n b -crap
steps - crap
pop- crap crap
> crap

Do you actually like anyone or anything. But as for the 11 year old girls comment then I would have to agree, but you were once that girl Mystique, so stop complaining. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.