GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR forums"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/09/01 at 13:12
Regular
Why do we all come here? to win a game of course, dufas.

Thats what I used to think but after you've been here for some time you'll realise thats not the case, People come here all the time to chat about past, present and future gaming not to mention the various other topics that appear constantly.

I stopped caring about the free game quite some time ago but giving two games out every day attracts people here and gives a reason to write such long posts. I come here to take part and contribute to the site and chatting about things I really like makes it one of the best places on the web to just hang back and chill.

I do my best to follow the rules and hopefully will never get banned, however from tommorow onwards I'll be back at college and won't be on anywhere near as much but be sure to see me here every once in a while :)

Res
Wed 19/09/01 at 13:12
Regular
"Back For Good"
Why do we all come here? to win a game of course, dufas.

Thats what I used to think but after you've been here for some time you'll realise thats not the case, People come here all the time to chat about past, present and future gaming not to mention the various other topics that appear constantly.

I stopped caring about the free game quite some time ago but giving two games out every day attracts people here and gives a reason to write such long posts. I come here to take part and contribute to the site and chatting about things I really like makes it one of the best places on the web to just hang back and chill.

I do my best to follow the rules and hopefully will never get banned, however from tommorow onwards I'll be back at college and won't be on anywhere near as much but be sure to see me here every once in a while :)

Res
Wed 19/09/01 at 13:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
i want win conkee for the vote for speshul reserve but they ingore me and not give me prise
Wed 19/09/01 at 14:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goatboy wrote:
> i want win conkee for the vote for speshul reserve but they ingore me and not
> give me prise

LOL! that is spookily realistic.
Wed 19/09/01 at 15:07
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I admit thats why I first came here to try to win GAD but now I come for the chat, I still try now and agin for GAD because it'a always nice to win something :D
Wed 19/09/01 at 15:24
Regular
It *is* nice to win GAD, not really for the prize, but just because it makes you feel good knowing you've written the best piece of the day.

And now that there are more people then ever posting on here, the quality has gone up a lot, so it's more of a challenge, and therefor more rewarding when you do win.

Having said that, winning isn't the be all and end all of it. It's good just to come here to chat about everything from Fruit Salad (my topic of a few weeks ago) to a little bit of politics (with Goaty sometimes), to films, to books, to sport, to life in general and the old bit of games chat as well!
Wed 19/09/01 at 15:25
Regular
Also, this is the only site I've found where if you ask a question, an hour later you have a number of sensible, well written replies.

Like that "Religious Question" topic in the life forum.
Wed 19/09/01 at 15:39
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
At first I just wrote reviews , it was a long time until I actually went on the forums. But now I love it!

In fact ,I now come on so often that I'm really worried about the phone bill!
Wed 19/09/01 at 16:22
Regular
rob_skater wrote:

"I now come on so often that I'm really worried about the phone bill!"

I come on here so often I'm worried about my hygiene.
Wed 19/09/01 at 19:38
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> rob_skater wrote:

"I now come on so often that I'm really worried about
> the phone bill!"

I come on here so often I'm worried about my hygiene.

LOL!
Wed 19/09/01 at 20:04
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I used to come on here to win in my newbie days ( as a lot of you should know ) but now, I do it for the fun. Of course, winning still gives you a buzz, but that's not the main priority.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.