GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm... makes Freeola's Hottest Sites top 40!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/04/10 at 17:39
"Are you sure?"
I made it! :¬)

I've just noticed that my Hmmm... site has sneaked into Freeola's
Top 40! - in at number 35, for the first time ever...

My page views have been climbing steadily for my Freeola play site. 98,000 page views last month, averaging over 3000 per day :¬) I'm pretty happy with that as the site is pretty small, only 30ish pages.

I won't be at all surprised if I drop off the 'Hottest Sites' page as I know there are plenty of busy sites out there in Freeola land, but it's nice to have made it!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 08/03/14 at 09:48
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums.

I couldn't actually see your site listed when I went to look at the problem?

In the past Freeola have mentioned the thumbnail generation is an automated process - so it could well correct itself over time.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 07/03/14 at 22:38
Regular
Just discovered this post/thread while searching for something else and see my site has made the top 40 but the wrong picture is linked to the site. Any chance it could be correct?

The site is http://www.northerncricketunion.org/

Thanks
Wylie McKinty
Sun 07/04/13 at 19:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
@DL why not see if you can get one of your Freeola sites into the Top 40 :¬P

What's the highest monthly 'page views' you've seen on any of your sites? If you can manage around 3000 page views per day you're in! #NotSoSimples...

One of my sites was a 'Freeola highlighted site' and the owner rang to tell me. Only problem was that I was fast asleep in the US of A, he thought that I was still at the airport!

As for 'page views' etc etc ... we don't give it a 'second thought' ;¬)

... and anyway, what's the big deal? If you have 50 million hits a day or 2 hits a day ... somebody likes you!

I'd take the 2 hits a day
Sun 07/04/13 at 17:16
"Are you sure?"
DL wrote:
I don't think that you can be that 'surprised' Hmmm as you always 'advertise' your site/s anyway...

If only things were that easy!!!

@DL why not see if you can get one of your Freeola sites into the Top 40 :¬P

What's the highest monthly 'page views' you've seen on any of your sites? If you can manage around 3000 page views per day you're in! #NotSoSimples...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 06/04/13 at 22:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
I've just enjoyed myself re-reading this old post! :¬) simple things!

I see my Freeola 'play' site is currently at No.14 :¬) That's the highest I've seen it.

I don't think that you can be that 'surprised' Hmmm as you always 'advertise' your site/s anyway but I bet you're really happy to be higher rated than:

15. Catholic Saints
16. Prayer and Prayers ... and ...
17. Cheshire Poultry !!!!

Mind you .... #19 does look interesting ... J R G Dahlias ...

"That Is Interesting Because The Bees Do All The Work For Me,

By Pollinating The Seed Head Of Certain"

Way to go Hmmm ;¬)
Sat 06/04/13 at 17:55
"Are you sure?"
I've just enjoyed myself re-reading this old post! :¬) simple things!

I see my Freeola 'play' site is currently at No.14 :¬) That's the highest I've seen it.

I'm wondering if it's so high as the VIP hosted sites seem to have dropped off the list?

This has happened before but after a close look I see:
Top websites in the Freeola Free web site directory

You can read this statement two ways.
Is it for 'Freeola's free websites' - i.e. Standard Hosting - non-VIP,
or is it just the 'directory' that's free?!

I need to get out more! :¬P

[s]Freeola Fanboi[/s]
Sun 01/08/10 at 11:46
"Are you sure?"
Hi all,
July was my busiest month to date for visitor traffic on my free Freeola site - 108,000 page views.
The first time I've broken the 100,000 page view mark :¬)

NB. I'm starting to see traffic from Apple's iPad.
For those interested the user agent string looks like this:

(iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B405 Safari/531.21.10.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/05/10 at 10:47
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Quick update. The screenshots in the Customer Sites Directory should be getting back to normal now. The system is just running through all the sites again to correct any issue, on a few thousand to do!
Thu 20/05/10 at 12:17
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> I really want to know how you guys know all this stuff? I mean
> have you known it since you were my age, or do I still have the
> potential to be a techy? :P

We haves a Web Developer in the making! Just start consuming some HTML tutorials... tizag.com, w3schools.com, or ask on here.
Thu 20/05/10 at 11:53
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
> I really want to know how you guys know all this stuff? I mean
> have you known it since you were my age, or do I still have the
> potential to be a techy? :P

There's still time.......

I'm not very techy (especially not compared to eccles!), but I can get by (a bit) - I started by using the tutorials on the W3schools.com which set me on the right path.

You can start with HTML, then CSS, the Javascript and jquery and php and ..................

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.