GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help please!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/10/03 at 12:48
"Genius!"
It's my birthday very soon and i am not sure what to get. I mostly want a shooting game like battlefield 1942 but i think thats a bit too old now. Can you please say a good shooting game or exceptions if they are very good which will be out in a week or is already out (please dont say homeworld 2 because i downloaded the demo of that and i hated it).

Thanx
Thu 02/10/03 at 12:48
"Genius!"
It's my birthday very soon and i am not sure what to get. I mostly want a shooting game like battlefield 1942 but i think thats a bit too old now. Can you please say a good shooting game or exceptions if they are very good which will be out in a week or is already out (please dont say homeworld 2 because i downloaded the demo of that and i hated it).

Thanx
Thu 02/10/03 at 12:51
Regular
"That's right!"
A bit old?
Thu 02/10/03 at 12:53
"Genius!"
what do you mean a bit old? i'm 12 or do you mean your a bit old?
Thu 02/10/03 at 12:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
He was talking about you calling Battlefield 1942 a bit old, which is actually quite amusing considering the amount of people who play it, numer in their thousands.
Thu 02/10/03 at 12:56
"Genius!"
oh i see
Thu 02/10/03 at 15:14
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
cipro wrote:
> He was talking about you calling Battlefield 1942 a bit old....

Flumph!??....
Thu 02/10/03 at 16:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Mind you, Ea sure are pressing ahead with Battlefield: Vietnam, it looks set for an early 2004 release. In the mean time however I'm really enjoying the Secret weapons expansion despite not likeing the demo much. Great game.
Thu 02/10/03 at 16:18
"Genius!"
i've decided i'm probably going to get battlefield 1942 and secret weapons expansion pack.

(is secret weapons better than the rome expansion pack?)
Thu 02/10/03 at 16:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
nickdagamemaster wrote:
> (is secret weapons better than the rome expansion pack?)

Yes. You do get some very good addition in Road to Rome, some great new maps and a few nice new vehicles, but it's not much for your cash.

Secret Weapons comes with a boat load of fine new additions, some great new and odd looking weapons and vehicles, a new objective based game mode, some nice new maps as well as a few other nice added extras to go with it.

And did I mention the Motorbike and sidecar? Worth the cost of the expansion alone.
Fri 03/10/03 at 18:52
Regular
"who wrote that?"
on 1942 how do you parachute out of planes i have never managed it without squashing myself

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.