GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/03/07 at 19:18
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High
I just downloaded and gave Fall Out Boy's new album Infinity On High a listen to today, so I wanted to share my thoughts on the album with everyone. I thought that the easiest way to do this would be to look at each track individually, so here we go...

"Thriller" is a fantastic introduction to this brilliant new album from the Chicago four-piece. It really exemplifies what Fall Out Boy are all about.

The Take Over, The Break's Over is another fantastic song. I'm going to have to stop saying this, because I can see myself saying this for every song on the album. My first impressions of this song were that it had a very catchy beat that's not so unfamiliar to their past collection of songs. This is one of the more average songs on the album, but it is still great none the less. Definitely not a single worthy song as I can't see it doing as well as other songs on the album. Still worth a listen though. Takes nothing away from the album.

This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arm's Race is the first single to be released from the album. This is currently my favorite song on the album - has a great mixture of mind-blowing beats and beautiful yet politically outspoken lyrics that fit together like a stripper and a pole. The best line in this song has to be "Bandwagon's full. Please, catch another." Simply put, I believe this is the best Fall Out Boy song to date.

"I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You)" is a difficult name to remember for a song, but it is a trademark for songs in this genre. This reminds me of some of the older Fall Out Boy material. A calm and collective beat throughout with soft lyrics speaking of love. While this is the style of song I wouldn't usually rate highly I find that this is one that really sticks in my head due to the outstanding lyrics that Pete has written. Definitely one of my favorite tracks on the album. Patrick's vocal talent is truly defined here which really adds to the track.

"Hum Hallelujah" is a song that I'm not too bothered about. I don't see it adding anything to the album, although it doesn't detract from it in any way. Not much else to say here.

"Golden" starts off with a piano playing solo. Calm, softly spoken lyrics follow with welcoming brief synthesized interruptions. This is another average song on the album - I'm not too keen on the sound of it but I do really love the lyrics. It is beautifully written - I'd say this is one of the best songs that the band has written to date.

"Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" takes us back to the regular FOB style. Not necessarily wonderful lyrics, but the music is well written and is really uplifting.

"Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?" is very sameish to a lot of music in their emo/rock alt/rock genres. The singing in this song is great but musically I'm not a fan of this song. I found that the singing sounded a lot like 2005 Incubus in many parts of this song which is really good.

"The (After) Life Of The Party" is what I would describe as a speedy ballad due to it's punchy beat and slow, almost spoken lyrics. This song is a healthy change from the rest of the album. I quite like it.

"The Carpal Tunnel Of Love" is set to be the second single released from this album. I have no idea why, as I don't see this as a stand-out track. There is no way that this song can be a chart-topper. The verses are stale and boring, although the choruses are a little more bouncy like we usually expect from Fall Out Boy. I'd describe this song as a let-down compared to a lot of the other songs on this album.

"Bang The Doldrums" has a progressive beat and interesting vocals. The first time I heard this song I wasn't too keen on it, but this is really growing on me. It's no "Arm's Race", but it's still good none the less. This is a very well written song in both musical and lyrical terms. I find this song pretty hard to describe beyond this, although I will add that it has a certain ring of Offspring to it.

"Fame < Infamy" is interestingly titled and suitably so. This is a pretty good song. Again, I wouldn't class this song as being suitable for single release, but I do like it. The song is heavily guitar based and the drums here sound great, especially when you have your bass pumped up.

"You're Crashing, But You're No Wave" is probably one of the worse songs on the album. It's not so bad that I find it unlistenable, but it is one that I'd probably skip next time it's on in my car. The music is repetitive and boring and really doesn't stand out as anything creative or special. As far as lyrics are concerned they are mediocre at best - definitely not one of the best songs that the band have written.

"I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears And None On My Fingers" is a track that really stands out. The funky beats fuse well with the slow singing style. This sounds to me like a rejuvenated show-tune from years past. Beautifully written love style ballad which is sung superbly. This really is a stand-out song to me - I love it.

Overall Thoughts
This album is definitely one to get your hands on. Most of the songs are fantastic with a few scoring average ratings on my personal rating scheme. There are only a couple of songs that I wasn't too keen on here, but yeah, I think this would be a great purchase for any Fall Out Boy fan or anyone who wants some calm alternative rock to chill out or party to (the song's are so dynamic they can be used for both purposes). I'd rate this album 9/10.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 06/03/07 at 19:18
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High
I just downloaded and gave Fall Out Boy's new album Infinity On High a listen to today, so I wanted to share my thoughts on the album with everyone. I thought that the easiest way to do this would be to look at each track individually, so here we go...

"Thriller" is a fantastic introduction to this brilliant new album from the Chicago four-piece. It really exemplifies what Fall Out Boy are all about.

The Take Over, The Break's Over is another fantastic song. I'm going to have to stop saying this, because I can see myself saying this for every song on the album. My first impressions of this song were that it had a very catchy beat that's not so unfamiliar to their past collection of songs. This is one of the more average songs on the album, but it is still great none the less. Definitely not a single worthy song as I can't see it doing as well as other songs on the album. Still worth a listen though. Takes nothing away from the album.

This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arm's Race is the first single to be released from the album. This is currently my favorite song on the album - has a great mixture of mind-blowing beats and beautiful yet politically outspoken lyrics that fit together like a stripper and a pole. The best line in this song has to be "Bandwagon's full. Please, catch another." Simply put, I believe this is the best Fall Out Boy song to date.

"I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You)" is a difficult name to remember for a song, but it is a trademark for songs in this genre. This reminds me of some of the older Fall Out Boy material. A calm and collective beat throughout with soft lyrics speaking of love. While this is the style of song I wouldn't usually rate highly I find that this is one that really sticks in my head due to the outstanding lyrics that Pete has written. Definitely one of my favorite tracks on the album. Patrick's vocal talent is truly defined here which really adds to the track.

"Hum Hallelujah" is a song that I'm not too bothered about. I don't see it adding anything to the album, although it doesn't detract from it in any way. Not much else to say here.

"Golden" starts off with a piano playing solo. Calm, softly spoken lyrics follow with welcoming brief synthesized interruptions. This is another average song on the album - I'm not too keen on the sound of it but I do really love the lyrics. It is beautifully written - I'd say this is one of the best songs that the band has written to date.

"Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" takes us back to the regular FOB style. Not necessarily wonderful lyrics, but the music is well written and is really uplifting.

"Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?" is very sameish to a lot of music in their emo/rock alt/rock genres. The singing in this song is great but musically I'm not a fan of this song. I found that the singing sounded a lot like 2005 Incubus in many parts of this song which is really good.

"The (After) Life Of The Party" is what I would describe as a speedy ballad due to it's punchy beat and slow, almost spoken lyrics. This song is a healthy change from the rest of the album. I quite like it.

"The Carpal Tunnel Of Love" is set to be the second single released from this album. I have no idea why, as I don't see this as a stand-out track. There is no way that this song can be a chart-topper. The verses are stale and boring, although the choruses are a little more bouncy like we usually expect from Fall Out Boy. I'd describe this song as a let-down compared to a lot of the other songs on this album.

"Bang The Doldrums" has a progressive beat and interesting vocals. The first time I heard this song I wasn't too keen on it, but this is really growing on me. It's no "Arm's Race", but it's still good none the less. This is a very well written song in both musical and lyrical terms. I find this song pretty hard to describe beyond this, although I will add that it has a certain ring of Offspring to it.

"Fame < Infamy" is interestingly titled and suitably so. This is a pretty good song. Again, I wouldn't class this song as being suitable for single release, but I do like it. The song is heavily guitar based and the drums here sound great, especially when you have your bass pumped up.

"You're Crashing, But You're No Wave" is probably one of the worse songs on the album. It's not so bad that I find it unlistenable, but it is one that I'd probably skip next time it's on in my car. The music is repetitive and boring and really doesn't stand out as anything creative or special. As far as lyrics are concerned they are mediocre at best - definitely not one of the best songs that the band have written.

"I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears And None On My Fingers" is a track that really stands out. The funky beats fuse well with the slow singing style. This sounds to me like a rejuvenated show-tune from years past. Beautifully written love style ballad which is sung superbly. This really is a stand-out song to me - I love it.

Overall Thoughts
This album is definitely one to get your hands on. Most of the songs are fantastic with a few scoring average ratings on my personal rating scheme. There are only a couple of songs that I wasn't too keen on here, but yeah, I think this would be a great purchase for any Fall Out Boy fan or anyone who wants some calm alternative rock to chill out or party to (the song's are so dynamic they can be used for both purposes). I'd rate this album 9/10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.