GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation move vs Project Natal"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/04/10 at 18:28
Regular
Hey guys, just wanted to know your opinions on the whole motion move vs natal. Obviously each side has positives and negatives e.g are Sony and Microsoft eliminating hardcore gamers and moving towards the family market. I mean on every advert i have seen family after family. Although the new SOCOM demo has been shown at a conference for the PlayStation move, can natal do gun games with their software? whats your opinions on this topic? and who do you prefer?
Sun 11/04/10 at 18:28
Regular
Hey guys, just wanted to know your opinions on the whole motion move vs natal. Obviously each side has positives and negatives e.g are Sony and Microsoft eliminating hardcore gamers and moving towards the family market. I mean on every advert i have seen family after family. Although the new SOCOM demo has been shown at a conference for the PlayStation move, can natal do gun games with their software? whats your opinions on this topic? and who do you prefer?
Sun 11/04/10 at 20:55
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I must admit, I dont really get Natal. Perhaps just a matter of limited imagination on my part but I dont see many applications for it gaming wise. The biggest immersion killer for motion control is lack of feedback in my opinion. And with Natal you dont even have button/controller feedback.

Judging from the tech demos shown, I have the feeling they came up with the tech first and decided to worry about how to use it later.
Sun 11/04/10 at 22:07
Regular
It's like with playstation eye toy 1, it was great fun but was limited and just got boring. One advantage for Sony's side is the fact that if you don't want to use move the games can still support dualshock e.g when call of duty release a new game in the time of natal I don't think they are going to spend thousands developing it specifically for natal it's just reducilous, but tbh I think the whole sony move and natal thing is all just aimed more at families however Sony will be clever in not eliminating evry day gamers where I think natal will get stuck.
Sun 11/04/10 at 22:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
Don't see how we can really discuss either as none of them are out yet ?.However Playstation Move looks like a lame Wii rip off while Project Natal looks like an Eye Toy with voice recognition.Not really excited about either TBH.
Sun 11/04/10 at 23:45
Regular
"How Ironic"
Prefer to just hold a gamepad to be honest...
Mon 12/04/10 at 16:42
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I think Natal has more promise - although you don't have anything to hold on to, I guess that doesn't stop you from making your own props :p

The Sony marketing of Move annoyed me because rather than advertising how good their product was, they spent most of the video rubbishing Natal and the Wii in general. For me, that is really unprofessional and gives me the impression Move will be just something to try and tap in to an already successful motion-orientated market (It's a wii-mote with a ball of light on top...)

And I agree with Garin, Natal was probably just a case of develop the tech and decide what it's applications will be for later. But I guess that way is a good way as well as it gives developers a chance to be really creative :)
Mon 12/04/10 at 19:41
Regular
TBH I'm like Sonic Chris prefer a gamepad but it will be good to try the new software but I don't like it when people say move is a wii rip off because it's not as the software was designed way before the wii but I will agree with you on the fact that games ATM look similar to those that the wii have released :)
Mon 12/04/10 at 21:46
Regular
"How Ironic"
I've reiterated this a thousand times, but the reason I play games is because I want to relax, and I don't want to move. I'll play Tennis etc. in real life for fitness.

I can see this happening.
Mon 12/04/10 at 23:23
Regular
Dude I'm exactly the same I just want to chill out and have a laugh with the guys not get all sweaty trying to play tennis in a game you know but the video made me laugh especially the ten years later part haha :)
Mon 12/04/10 at 23:26
Regular
I also have to add that the reason the game was linear was due to the storyline as the characters couldn't go into any towns or city and I think square enix new this therfore making the current, surrounding environments more appealable to the user and I think that was a success.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.