GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Depression"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/09/01 at 22:24
Regular
Sigh, what a life. As a 15-year-old, my daily cycle involves getting up at 7am, leaving the house at 8, then returning at 4pm. Between the hours of 8 and 4, I am occupied at school.

I am, what many would think of as, a hardcore gamer, a zealot, a nerd. I think about games 24/7 and become stupidly excited every time I read of a forthcoming sequel to one of my favourite franchises. Am I 'sad'? I don't know. But what I do know is that it's taking over my life.

I often find it hard to concentrate in school lessons (particularly boring ones), as my mind wonders off into 'gaming land', where I imagine myself playing the latest Metal Gear Solid or Mario game.

Computer games are all I think about. I do homework when I must, get excercise when I'm forced and read books when I can be bothered.

Is there any hope for a guy like me? What is going wrong in my life? Do I need to socialize more with others? Do I need to get out and active? Do I need a life?

The answer to all the above questions is so simple, it can be said it one word - NO. I think I know what's wrong in my life and know how to cure it. I need a games console.
I haven't owned once since February which, for a gamer, is a heluva long time to go without a console.

However, looking back, I realise I still wasn't happy then. That console was a Sega Dreamcast. Sure, it had some great games, but it was never the hit it should've been. No, I need to go back further, to the console I owned before that. Now, what WAS the console I owned before that? Ummmmmmm....oh yeah, the Nintendo 64. Now those were the days!

The warm, fuzzy feeling I got when playing Zelda 64 over the Christmas holidays....the thrill and amusement of thrashing 3 mates at a challenging game of Goldeneye deathmatch....the honourable feeling of finally searching out that 150th star on Mario 64. Oh yes, it's all coming back to me now....it was Nintendo that made my life worth living!

So what's the answer to my problem? Well, it's suddenly become so obvious to me - get a Gamecube! Re-live the tear-summoning moments of the N64 in a glossy, 128 bit makeover! The future is so very bright. For, you see, the future is Gamecube!

Just one problem, it is currently September. The Gamecube is (hopefully) released in March. Oh well, anyway for a game of Quake 3?
Sun 16/09/01 at 12:23
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
See Joe, it's been so long, I've even forgotten how many stars there are in Mario 64! I'm depressed again...
Sun 16/09/01 at 11:37
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
He's right. The N64 days were THE days. DC is nothing. GC will be great but will not be the same as N64 simply because N64 was new to me. 3D graphics were new. I had a mega drive before that so the only 3D game I had ever played on it was Sonic 3D (oh and cool spot in Hollywood). I have not been interested in console games for months now. The last Console game I got was Phantasy Star Online back in February. I played it for a while but then when I was finished with that, I never really went back to my DC. Now, the only gme I am waiting for is Shenmue 2 which I will probably be told is being canned for DC.
Sun 16/09/01 at 11:27
Regular
there's actually 120 stars on Mario 64!
Sun 16/09/01 at 11:15
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Finally, my life plan is sorted! Thanks Cooky!
Sun 16/09/01 at 10:23
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Don't fret about your gaming habits!
Just do what i do! Go to uni and do a course on it!
That's all your problems solved!
Never fear going to lectures cos it's what you finally want to do, instead of geography and french n stuff!
Sat 15/09/01 at 22:47
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Ill play you at Q3A, if it was an hour ealier and I asn't gettkng rid of Dogfather.
Sat 15/09/01 at 22:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
kingklik wrote:
Sigh, what a life. As a 15-year-old, my daily cycle involves getting up at 7am, leaving the house at 8, then returning at 4pm. Between the hours of 8 and 4, I am occupied at school.

That parts me +

6-9 homework every night

At week-ends watch friends get beaten up by morons.
Sat 15/09/01 at 22:24
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"

I am, what many would think of as, a hardcore gamer, a zealot, a nerd. I think about games 24/7 and become stupidly excited every time I read of a forthcoming sequel to one of my favourite franchises. Am I 'sad'? I don't know. But what I do know is that it's taking over my life.

I often find it hard to concentrate in school lessons (particularly boring ones), as my mind wonders off into 'gaming land', where I imagine myself playing the latest Metal Gear Solid or Mario game.

Computer games are all I think about. I do homework when I must, get excercise when I'm forced and read books when I can be bothered.

Is there any hope for a guy like me? What is going wrong in my life? Do I need to socialize more with others? Do I need to get out and active? Do I need a life?

The answer to all the above questions is so simple, it can be said it one word - NO. I think I know what's wrong in my life and know how to cure it. I need a games console.
I haven't owned once since February which, for a gamer, is a heluva long time to go without a console.

However, looking back, I realise I still wasn't happy then. That console was a Sega Dreamcast. Sure, it had some great games, but it was never the hit it should've been. No, I need to go back further, to the console I owned before that. Now, what WAS the console I owned before that? Ummmmmmm....oh yeah, the Nintendo 64. Now those were the days!

The warm, fuzzy feeling I got when playing Zelda 64 over the Christmas holidays....the thrill and amusement of thrashing 3 mates at a challenging game of Goldeneye deathmatch....the honourable feeling of finally searching out that 150th star on Mario 64. Oh yes, it's all coming back to me now....it was Nintendo that made my life worth living!

So what's the answer to my problem? Well, it's suddenly become so obvious to me - get a Gamecube! Re-live the tear-summoning moments of the N64 in a glossy, 128 bit makeover! The future is so very bright. For, you see, the future is Gamecube!

Just one problem, it is currently September. The Gamecube is (hopefully) released in March. Oh well, anyway for a game of Quake 3?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.