GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What age are we in?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/04/10 at 13:13
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
You had the Stone Age, the Iron Age and the Bronze Age. We had the Industrial Revolution and I was wondering what age we will be living in when they llok back at us in a 1000 years time.

I would have said the technology age, but I guess each individual age had it's own state-of-the-art technologies then. I'd pip to say we are in the age of the Internet - everything involves the internet now (if it doesn't there is only one degree of separation from it).

Our lives can nearly be completely run by sitting in a chair and being plugged into the computer. Bills can be paid, money made and your social life can merely exist on an internet forum/networking site.

If you are hungry, why make the trip to the kitchen and waste time cooking? Fire off an e-mail to Dominoes Pizza and they will deliver one for you! You can even improve your sexual performance from checking your inbox!

I suppose rather than the Internet age, we are more the computer age. Most jobs involve the use of a computer of some kind - be it a PC, a camera or even a calculator.

Will we eventually become completely reliant on computers? Would you want such a time?

With all this technology already at our fingertips, it makes you wonder what will it hold for us next?
Thu 08/04/10 at 20:04
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
spoonbeast wrote:
> the digital age? You know, digital broadband, mobiles, the
> interwebs all that stuff.

Sounds pretty reasonable! You are right - recently everything has become digital.
Thu 08/04/10 at 18:48
Regular
"eat toast!"
the digital age? You know, digital broadband, mobiles, the interwebs all that stuff.
Thu 08/04/10 at 15:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Alfonse wrote:
> The Consumption Age.

The Mass Consumption Age!

I guess as technology seems to be advancing at a sort of exponential speed, I guess every decade or so we may enter a new era!
Thu 08/04/10 at 15:44
"possibly impossible"
Alfonse wrote:
> The Consumption Age.

A good call.
Thu 08/04/10 at 15:30
Regular
The Consumption Age.
Thu 08/04/10 at 15:03
Regular
"And in last place.."
Is this Information Age not commonly called the Digital Era? Era sounds shorter than Age so perhaps this current time will be replaced soon.
Thu 08/04/10 at 14:36
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
According to Butch, and therefore google we are currently in the Information Age.

Close to my guess then... :S
Thu 08/04/10 at 14:09
"possibly impossible"
The Pawnage? Sorry, couldn't resist.

I reckon it would be something like the Communication age, which would encompass not just current technology but the introduction of the video camera etc.

If the government get their way, though (as they seem to be doing) it will be the denial of information age.
Thu 08/04/10 at 13:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I thought it was officially referred to as the "Communication Age" because of the heavy reliability on IT and Internet.

Don't hold me to it. Although that is what I would agree with.
Thu 08/04/10 at 13:13
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
You had the Stone Age, the Iron Age and the Bronze Age. We had the Industrial Revolution and I was wondering what age we will be living in when they llok back at us in a 1000 years time.

I would have said the technology age, but I guess each individual age had it's own state-of-the-art technologies then. I'd pip to say we are in the age of the Internet - everything involves the internet now (if it doesn't there is only one degree of separation from it).

Our lives can nearly be completely run by sitting in a chair and being plugged into the computer. Bills can be paid, money made and your social life can merely exist on an internet forum/networking site.

If you are hungry, why make the trip to the kitchen and waste time cooking? Fire off an e-mail to Dominoes Pizza and they will deliver one for you! You can even improve your sexual performance from checking your inbox!

I suppose rather than the Internet age, we are more the computer age. Most jobs involve the use of a computer of some kind - be it a PC, a camera or even a calculator.

Will we eventually become completely reliant on computers? Would you want such a time?

With all this technology already at our fingertips, it makes you wonder what will it hold for us next?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.