GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your favourite publisher of the last 12 months."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/10/03 at 00:01
Regular
"8==="
Who's your favourite games publisher of the last 12 months?

My favourite's currently Ubi Soft because of Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Deathrow and of course XIII's destined to blow us all away aswell. ;)
Fri 24/10/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Handy man wrote:
> Hey, think how long it is taking to make Halo 2, and that Rares games
> will be better for it. Also good games are due out before then, so
> can you take waiting like a man please?Also everyone will stop
> whining IF it is worth the long wait.

I thik RARE are losing a lot of good feeling from Microsofts over-publicised/hyped purchase of RARE from Nintendo... Its made reviers much more critical of any/all ther releases.

I suspect 'Grabbed By The Goolies' (which seems to have been getting respectable reviews) was an attempt by Rare to ignore the over hype, and try to cool the media folks down by releasing a quieter title first off.

I don't think its not taking a long time for games to be released... games always seem to take a year or two to be developed these days anyway... I suspect they didnt even begin thinking about designing games for the X-Box until the change of hands was final and complete... it takes a while after that for designers to get to grips with a new machine and its capabilitys before they are able to begin putting together a title (before their idea is put forward for green lighting, before the development a team is formed, before final design is developed, before artistic design, audio design and program design are created and finalised, before the program is written/drawn/composed, before debugging, before testing, before more debugging, before release, etc..)...

I rekon Rare have gone from working hand-in-hand with Nintendo to being X-Box exclusing in a very short amount of time.
Fri 24/10/03 at 14:31
Regular
Hey, think how long it is taking to make Halo 2, and that Rares games will be better for it. Also good games are due out before then, so can you take waiting like a man please?Also everyone will stop whining IF it is worth the long wait.
Thu 23/10/03 at 01:05
Regular
Yeah.

Nintendo published all of Rare's Nintendo games except Conker's Bad Fur Day which was done by THQ after Nintendo refused to associate their brand with it! :-D

And I expect Microsoft to publish the Xbox games if Rare EVER get round to finishing them! :-)
Thu 23/10/03 at 00:24
Regular
Handy man wrote:

> With Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Kameo, Conker:Live and uncut and
> Perfect Dark Zero due out, peoples estimations of Rare will go up
> like in the "old times"

Judging by the reviews of Grabbed by the Ghoulies, I very much doubt that. Oh and Rare haven't released anything in the last 12 months...except the travesty that was Starfox adventures, they're not a publisher either.
Tue 21/10/03 at 19:37
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
Konami. I love my Silent Hill!
Tue 21/10/03 at 10:29
Regular
Probably Rare as I have been playing Conkers Bad Fur Day from a friend. Also who can forget the days of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark?
With Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Kameo, Conker:Live and uncut and Perfect Dark Zero due out, peoples estimations of Rare will go up like in the "old times"
Sat 04/10/03 at 01:19
Regular
I don't know about the last 12 months, but LucasArts will always mean quality to me. now and again they release some complete crap, but usually I'm chuffed with their output.
Sat 04/10/03 at 00:20
"I love yo... lamp."
LucasArts. Simply for the tour de force that was Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic.
Sat 04/10/03 at 00:01
Regular
"8==="
Who's your favourite games publisher of the last 12 months?

My favourite's currently Ubi Soft because of Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Deathrow and of course XIII's destined to blow us all away aswell. ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.