GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let Us Not Forgot Northern Ireland"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/09/01 at 14:05
Regular
Have the troubles in Northern Ireland suddenly disappeared?
Are we no longer under constant threat of attack from dissident Irish terrorist groups?

Although the tragic events in the USA have probably taken more life's than years Irish terrorism attacks, is it right just to put aside the troubles in Northern Ireland?

I can not believe when I hear on the news. Tony Blair offering his full support to the US in whatever action the US may take. What about action in Northern Ireland, for years innocent people including children have been murdered by terrorist attacks but nothing has been done. Oh I should correct myself on that issue, we have put Troops in Northern Ireland but in all honesty we were just antagonised the terrorists which not only caused the loss of many British soldiers but brought terrorist attacks to the mainland, where many of the hundreds of innocent people were killed.

Now having realised that to many life's were lost we scaled down the troops in northern Ireland and have spent years negotiating with terrorists while even more innocent people were killed by dissident fractions of terrorists who do not want peace.

Do you or will you see President Bush negotiating with terrorists who attack the USA no never, no matter how much the US interferes with terrorists in the Middle East or Northern Ireland, as soon as the Almighty USA feels the impact of Terrorism, They declare WAR and will strike with almighty force at anybody who they feel are responsible and we shouldn't be surprised if More Innocent civilians are Injured in the Us Reprisal attacks.

My finale point is that if Tony Blair and his predecessors took more direct action against home-grown terrorism and If both Mr Blair and Mr Bush stopped interfering with Terrorism in other countries, Then we would not have the Problem of "Global Terrorism". In any case is it the US's or the UK's right to decide what "side" to take in terrorism in other country's?

For myself while I feel sorrow for the Tragic events in The US, I also feel sorrow for all the innocent people who have died as a result of Irish Terrorism.
Wed 19/09/01 at 15:56
Bush`s answer is to follow Blair.

Make Bin Laden a member of cabinet in the government.

Let the Taliban share power with the legitimate government and free all imprisoned terrorists
Sun 16/09/01 at 22:05
This is a very good point. The thing that really annoys me is that the minute America gets attacked the UK jumps in to help, but the terrorism that has been going on in the UK for years has been largely funded by the US, let alone ignored. Americans are so ignorant of the rest of the world they believe anything they are told, and IRA fundraisers are held in which people are told that British soldiers shoot and kill Irish civillians all the time. Im sorry if this cause any offence but it is the truth and the truth has to be spoken.

This is in no way disrespect to the people who died in the horrific tragedy.
Sun 16/09/01 at 18:05
Stryke wrote:
> While the Irish terrorists are obviously still active, the US
> situation has kind of occupied things because of the scale of it.
> Sure, its terrible, the persecution of children who are really too
> young to even understand why the fighting occurs, but the IRA hasn't
> blown up Canary Wharf or something. The scale of the loss of life is
> what is so apalling, not the fact that it was the WTC or that it was
> the US.

I hope you are not trying to be humours and that you are either to young or to short-sighted to remember the IRA attack on Canary Wharf (February 1996, 2 People Dead and 100 people injured).

The only valid points I think you actually make in your post are that yes, it is (absolutely) terrible that young children are being as you quote "persecuted" in Northern Ireland and secondly a "typical" Irish terrorism attack can not be compared to the devastation and loss of life suffered in New York (although I am sure victims of Irish terrorism would disagree with my former comments.
Fri 14/09/01 at 17:36
Regular
While the Irish terrorists are obviously still active, the US situation has kind of occupied things because of the scale of it. Sure, its terrible, the persecution of children who are really too young to even understand why the fighting occurs, but the IRA hasn't blown up Canary Wharf or something. The scale of the loss of life is what is so apalling, not the fact that it was the WTC or that it was the US.
Fri 14/09/01 at 14:10
"High polygon count"
I'd tend to agree with you there.
Fri 14/09/01 at 14:05
Have the troubles in Northern Ireland suddenly disappeared?
Are we no longer under constant threat of attack from dissident Irish terrorist groups?

Although the tragic events in the USA have probably taken more life's than years Irish terrorism attacks, is it right just to put aside the troubles in Northern Ireland?

I can not believe when I hear on the news. Tony Blair offering his full support to the US in whatever action the US may take. What about action in Northern Ireland, for years innocent people including children have been murdered by terrorist attacks but nothing has been done. Oh I should correct myself on that issue, we have put Troops in Northern Ireland but in all honesty we were just antagonised the terrorists which not only caused the loss of many British soldiers but brought terrorist attacks to the mainland, where many of the hundreds of innocent people were killed.

Now having realised that to many life's were lost we scaled down the troops in northern Ireland and have spent years negotiating with terrorists while even more innocent people were killed by dissident fractions of terrorists who do not want peace.

Do you or will you see President Bush negotiating with terrorists who attack the USA no never, no matter how much the US interferes with terrorists in the Middle East or Northern Ireland, as soon as the Almighty USA feels the impact of Terrorism, They declare WAR and will strike with almighty force at anybody who they feel are responsible and we shouldn't be surprised if More Innocent civilians are Injured in the Us Reprisal attacks.

My finale point is that if Tony Blair and his predecessors took more direct action against home-grown terrorism and If both Mr Blair and Mr Bush stopped interfering with Terrorism in other countries, Then we would not have the Problem of "Global Terrorism". In any case is it the US's or the UK's right to decide what "side" to take in terrorism in other country's?

For myself while I feel sorrow for the Tragic events in The US, I also feel sorrow for all the innocent people who have died as a result of Irish Terrorism.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.