GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help Me! Halo FPS probs!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Fri 10/10/03 at 17:55
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
And by FPS I mean frames per second.

Got the video settings cranked up to the max, 1280x1024 and in no uncertain terms, the game runs like a legless dog! Seriously, during the initial conflict with the covenants, I could practically count the number of frames per second!

Yes, I've got settings at max, but on my system, it shouldn't really struggle at all (confirmed by PC Gamer review). Grr, so frustrating - I want to play it! I've got all the latest drivers, nothings running in the background, I'm not forcing AA or anything like that...GRRR!!

Anyone?! :(
Fri 10/10/03 at 17:55
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
And by FPS I mean frames per second.

Got the video settings cranked up to the max, 1280x1024 and in no uncertain terms, the game runs like a legless dog! Seriously, during the initial conflict with the covenants, I could practically count the number of frames per second!

Yes, I've got settings at max, but on my system, it shouldn't really struggle at all (confirmed by PC Gamer review). Grr, so frustrating - I want to play it! I've got all the latest drivers, nothings running in the background, I'm not forcing AA or anything like that...GRRR!!

Anyone?! :(
Fri 10/10/03 at 18:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Get rid of it.

But then again I wouldn't even buy it.

If its all speccy fine and stuff, then I haven't got a clue.

Ask somebody who knows summat about PCs.....

Try the official website for trouble shooting etc.
Fri 10/10/03 at 18:37
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well, in the beta version, when inside mine lagged quite a bit on 1024*768, not sure what that was about, but when I got outside it was fine.
Maybe you should try putting down the detail a bit to get outside and see how it runs there.
Also, what graphics card and drivers are you using?
Fri 10/10/03 at 18:41
Regular
Did he ask for your opinion?

No - So keep it to yourself.

Uncle Albert - Your system in question might be able to run it perfectly but the graphics card makes a massive difference. Obviosuly turning on Anti Aliasing and Antistropic filtering will affect game performance drastically. Tone them down and keep the resolution at 1024 x 728 - Usually these nice extra's do make games a bit slow.
Fri 10/10/03 at 18:42
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Did he ask for your opinion?
>
> No - So keep it to yourself.

Directed at Cyclone
Fri 10/10/03 at 18:57
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Uncle Albert - Your system in question might be able to run it
> perfectly but the graphics card makes a massive difference. Obviosuly
> turning on Anti Aliasing and Antistropic filtering will affect game
> performance drastically. Tone them down and keep the resolution at
> 1024 x 728 - Usually these nice extra's do make games a bit slow.

Thanks for the advice, but my system breezes through UT2003 at max settings. My gfx card is a Geforce FX 5600 256Mb - not the best admittedly, but shouldn't struggle with Halo at all.
Fri 10/10/03 at 19:09
Regular
You've gotta remember that UT2003 isn't as detailed as Halo.

Enemy AI + Outside worlds + detailing + veichles etc..

Go on the bungie forums and see what you can find.
Fri 10/10/03 at 19:26
Regular
"Acid Casual"
It runs like a dog on my machine too - 2.6ghz FX 5600 ultra yada yada yada

Idoor levels are worse than outdoor.

It may have its downsides but multiplayer it kicks butt
Fri 10/10/03 at 20:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Had Halo running at max on 1600x1200 but at times it did slow done a little. Halo is full of detail but have you seen Chrome yet? As that to me at what i've seen on my machine is better and is smoother at full settings.
Fri 10/10/03 at 21:01
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
And this thread reaffirms my comitment to sticking to console gaming...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.