GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil GC exclusive"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 18:49
Regular
Can you believe how selfish and ungrateful Shinji Mikami and his motley crew of programmers are?I've been a huge fan of the series since it started on the playstation and i was hoping i'd get to see it end there too.But just because Capcom got a better offer from Nintendo they abandon all the loyal Sony fans and move on without any respect for the system that made the series great.Well i just hope Silent Hill 2 will kick its butt because i got no respect for people who dont respect me.So capcom, i give you the finger!
Sat 15/09/01 at 16:27
Regular
"Back For Good"
CoolOne wrote:
Actually Resident Evil 2 is available on Nintendo 64.
> I should know, I've got it. Graphix miles better than PSX version!

Only because they touched up the character models, The PSX version running with the PS2's texture mapping looks just as good. Haven't seen it running with the expansion pack though.
Sat 15/09/01 at 02:04
Strafex wrote:
> It wasn't really Sony property.
The Resident Evil games were
> released on Sega machines too.

And I've no doubt that they'd have
> made the N64 if they had fitted on cartriges.

Actually Resident Evil 2 is available on Nintendo 64. I should know, I've got it. Graphix miles better than PSX version!
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:11
"High polygon count"
For the PS2 owners concerned...

It's not the end of Resi - it's only for 6 games, and Onimusha and Devil May Cry will remain on PS2.

Check out:
http://ps2.ign.com/news/38282.html
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:39
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
MGS2 isn't a Capcom game, though.
> There have also been rumours (since quashed) that MGS2 was on its
> way to Xbox.

There is a version of MGS to be released on XBox, titled (at the moment, don't know if it's finalised) Metal Gear Solid X.

I think it's a hybrid of MGS 1 & 2. But not sure at the moment.

It's not a US launch title, I think it's out early next year, so we may get it as a launch title over here...
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:35
"High polygon count"
WolfHound wrote:
> And as for Devil may Cry, Im
> afraid to Inform the Sony fans (Im a Multi-Format Person myself)that
> it's certain the game will arrive on Gamecube or be Cancelled on PS2
> alltogether.

Unlikely, as they've just released a demo with Code Veronica X.

Also, a short time ago, Capcom said something about 'they don't see Gamecube as a suitable platform' for DMC.

Obviously that could change.

However, I'm hoping that Sony get off their backsides and secure DMC for PS2 - if not exclusively, then at least as a time-limited exclusive or as multi-platform.

> Theres even talk of Metal Gear Solid 2 being ported
> to GC.

MGS2 isn't a Capcom game, though. There have also been rumours (since quashed) that MGS2 was on its way to Xbox.
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:27
Regular
It wasn't really Sony property.
The Resident Evil games were released on Sega machines too.

And I've no doubt that they'd have made the N64 if they had fitted on cartriges.
Fri 14/09/01 at 00:58
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
VERY Smug and proud and happy Nintendo fan...Read below people!!

-->>Chanting fashion...NINTENDO,NINTENDO,NINTENDO..e.t.c..
Fri 14/09/01 at 00:55
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Apparently Sony isn't too pleased.
Who can blame them??
After all the franchise was Sony territory.
And as for Devil may Cry, Im afraid to Inform the Sony fans (Im a Multi-Format Person myself)that it's certain the game will arrive on Gamecube or be Cancelled on PS2 alltogether.

Theres even talk of Metal Gear Solid 2 being ported to GC.
Still if it does, the only game to tempt me to buy a PS2 would be Final Fantasy X.
Here's hoping Sony Pull one out of the hat.
Im an ex-PSOne Fanatic, but more-so N64.
Fri 14/09/01 at 00:36
Regular
The ate it but choked, this is a bad bad week for everyone bu really bad for Sony fans.
Fri 14/09/01 at 00:14
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
YEAH!!! thats what im talking 'bout NINTENDO GAMECUBE is the shiz ...capcom knows whats good fot it.Capcom knows that if it make the game for GC its gonna make loadsa sheets coz the GC is gonna be the best selling piece of hardware this side of the millenium timeline!!!NINTENDO haters eat that!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.